How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FA Cup Final is scheduled for 15th May which is also when we are scheduled tp play our penultimate game of the season against Brighton. Chumps league final is on the 29th May six days after we play Everton.

If (and it's a big if) we get to either final playing a weakened team against Everton would be justifiable. I think the battle for chumps league places will go to the final day so someone is not going to be happy if we do that!

FA Cup Final is scheduled for 15th May which is also when we are scheduled tp play our penultimate game of the season against Brighton. Chumps league final is on the 29th May six days after we play Everton.

If (and it's a big if) we get to either final playing a weakened team against Everton would be justifiable. I think the battle for chumps league places will go to the final day so someone is not going to be happy if we do that!
Ah well, so sad, never mind...

Absolutely, for strategic value as well as shits and giggles.
Payback if it happened. I’ll ever forget that game united threw against Derby County at home when we were battling them against relegation under Royle. Ferguson selecting a shadow team and then laughing and hugging Jim Smith at the final whistle

Payback if it happened. I’ll ever forget that game united threw against Derby County at home when we were battling them against relegation under Royle. Ferguson selecting a shadow team and then laughing and hugging Jim Smith at the final whistle
Remember it well. We were rubbish that season but that Derby win took the hope and fight out of us.

From the West Brom game until now, the transformation has just been out of this world. I said in another thread that it feels like a lottery win as a fan but as for Pep? Take a fucking bow. Talk about delivering when the chips are down and stakes are highest, he knew that something wasn't right and for his team to be "boring" contradicted everything he stood for in the game and so he changed and the rest is history.

The greatest manager in history for my money, they said he couldn't rebuild a team well eat your fucking words now. This side is here to stay.
Don’t really think ‘ the chips were down?’
Going back to the deafeat at Spurs it left us on 12 points and Spurs then top on 20 , but we still had a home game in hand( villa)
We was hardly ‘out of it !’
It was just that the media wanted to portray it that way ?

27 points.
Happily chuck the Everton game on the final day if it costs United or Liverpool top four ;)

We would be risking a points deduction if we played a weakened team that scuppered the top four chances of the beloved rags and scousers.............................

Could mean we only win the league by 20 points!

Hi Guys, I've been watching the so called Top Six (As an Everton fan I'm excluded us from this) and there fans channels and I see Man City never get any credit for how there performing. It's just not right...... Here's our fan channel giving you boys deserved credit. the link is here Toffee TV

I hope you guys stuff Man United this weekend.... good luck

Last edited:

Our weakened side is probably something like this....

Ederson
Walker
Mendy
Laporte
Garcia
Fernandinho
Silva
Gundo
Foden
Torres
Aguero

That will still beat Everton.

Headline in the Daily United.(Neil Ashton has been on the phone again)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits bitter rivals Manchester City are a 'fair distance' ahead of his United side as he prepares for huge derby against the runaway leaders at the Etihad... but boss refuses to criticise Pep Guardiola for spending big​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.