How many teams in England do you consider 'big' clubs?

The "Big club" bollocks is the same as "no history" bollocks.

Every club has history, it all depends how long they have been in existence, sure some clubs have been more successful than other clubs but every club has history.

City
United
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
Chelsea
Spurs
Newcastle
Villa
Leeds?
West Ham?
Sheff Wed?
Sunderland?
Forest?
Leicester?

I think up to Villa , they are all definitely big enough to be considered a 'big' club. After that it gets a little fuzzy.
West ham are a big club. Any club which averages nearly 60k a games got be considered big. We were massive with over 28k in division 2 so they are in my book. Forest and Leicester no. I'd say the rest are.

Liverpool
United
Arsenal
City
Chelsea
Everton
Villa
Tottenham
Newcastle
Sunderland

The "Big club" bollocks is the same as "no history" bollocks.

Every club has history, it all depends how long they have been in existence, sure some clubs have been more successful than other clubs but every club has history.
Absolutely , it’s like when you see Villa and Arsenal fans mentioning it it’s fcuking laughable

How do you define it?

Attendances? (Historic as well as current.)
Followers on social media?
Wealth of club?
Pots won? (Does recency matter? Do very old ones won when women wore bustles still matter?)
Column inches in the Daily Mirror?
Famous players over decades?
Success in Europe?
History? I mean real history, not just selected highlights.
Sales of replica shirts?
Number of noodle sponsors in Thailand?

It all seems a bit vague to me. And at the end of the day, so what? If you follow a 'big club' does that make you a better person in some way? Does it mean 'your' club deserves to win things in perpetuity?

It's all a bit similar to people getting a hard-on because the British Empire used to be massive. Even though they had nowt to do with it, and were just born here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.