How many Years ?!!

SXBLUE

Ive been asked twice in as many days how long i have supported CITY for by first a Geordie then a Chelsea fan in pub watching final- 35+ years and 48 grounds seemed to shut him up but is this down to our new status as potential Champs !! Anyone else been questioned as if ur jumping on the ride ? MCFC

Yeah, every time I tell someone I'm a city fan I get asked so when did you start supporting them, was it after 2008?

Only a couple, both times i replied with simply "1989".

Knocks the wind out of their sails.

Try being a City fan who hasn't got a Manc accent. Constantly accused of golry hunting by people who don't know me.

jimharri said:
happychappy said:
I look old and weary so don't get asked
This!

Mëtal Bikër said:
Only a couple, both times i replied with simply "1989".

Knocks the wind out of their sails.
1989? Johnny come lately!

MEANIE!

SadPanda.png

Yeah, been getting a lot of that jealous, straw-clutching bullsh*t, here in Ireland, too.
That, and the other observation - usually made by plastic rags, who think that football began in 1992 - that they've "never seen as many City shirts around as they do now".

Not counting new-borns enrolled by their parents, our supporters club has signed up, wait for it.... ten new members in the last four years. All of them were long-standing blues who didn't know the club existed until recently (it's not as if we'd had a lot to shout about, eh?).
That said, I have a mate who, along with his wife and eldest, is a staunch Liverpool fan - he recently had 'a kick in the bollox' (his words)when his five year old demanded a City birthday cake - so maybe we can chalk up one wee, glory-hunter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.