How many Years ?!!

Niall2407 said:
Yeah, every time I tell someone I'm a city fan I get asked so when did you start supporting them, was it after 2008?

2008? lol yeah because taksin took us places didnt he

Try being a City fan who hasn't got a Manc accent. Constantly accused of golry hunting by people who don't know me.

I have been called that ON HERE. :-) I have northern accent but not Manc when told glory hunter I just say if one FA cup since 1977 is glory hunting I am all for it.

First game against Leicester 1977 stood in Kippax 0 -0

Don't think there was any such thing as a glory hunter when I started supporting them, and just to set me up for things to come my earliest memory was crying when we got relegated in 1963 as an 8 year old. What came after that though is etched into my memory as..........
Joe mercer came we played the game
We went to Rotherham
We won one nil and we were back into division one
Since then.........

Still think the old songs are the best and I do think this team we have now is the best I have ever seen, though Colin Bell is still my King.

SXBLUE said:
Ive been asked twice in as many days how long i have supported CITY for by first a Geordie then a Chelsea fan in pub watching final- 35+ years and 48 grounds seemed to shut him up but is this down to our new status as potential Champs !! Anyone else been questioned as if ur jumping on the ride ? MCFC
Not just questioned in the pub but also on here! Keep reading posts by twats. Things like Plastics and Glory Hunters. Probably by some snot nosed spotty scally whos barely out of puberty and thinks hes gods gift to City. Started watchin in 68. Still bought my season ticket when we went to div 3. Went to Wycombe, York, Gillingham etc. When they question me I always come back with a nice sharp witty and sophisticated reposte. FUCK OFF!

Cheesy said:
Try being a City fan who hasn't got a Manc accent. Constantly accused of golry hunting by people who don't know me.

This. I miss us being shit.

firkinbarsteward said:
SXBLUE said:
Ive been asked twice in as many days how long i have supported CITY for by first a Geordie then a Chelsea fan in pub watching final- 35+ years and 48 grounds seemed to shut him up but is this down to our new status as potential Champs !! Anyone else been questioned as if ur jumping on the ride ? MCFC
Not just questioned in the pub but also on here! Keep reading posts by twats. Things like Plastics and Glory Hunters. Probably by some snot nosed spotty scally whos barely out of puberty and thinks hes gods gift to City. Started watchin in 68. Still bought my season ticket when we went to div 3. Went to Wycombe, York, Gillingham etc. When they question me I always come back with a nice sharp witty and sophisticated reposte. FUCK OFF!

What an old bandwaggoner ;)

Cheesy said:
Hahaha this.

The amount of times I've had to explain myself, I've given up now, Fuck em... Happy days for us blues

KenTheLandlord said:
firkinbarsteward said:
SXBLUE said:

What an old bandwaggoner ;)
Fucking Lol

adammck said:
Cheesy said:
Hahaha this.

The amount of times I've had to explain myself, I've given up now, Fuck em... Happy days for us blues

Same here. 22 years now and counting.

On the other hand, what does it matter when people get interested? Like someone just said, does starting to support City in 1968 mean you jumped on the bandwagon? In 30 years, will anyone care if people say "I've been a City fan since 2012." More important is supporting your team through thick and thin. But let's face it, relatively few people are attracted to a team because they're going through bad years and playing rubbish football...

Since 01/11/1993. 10 years old. I was a glory hunting Liverpool fan. My brother next to me a blue. Watching MNF, West Ham 3-1 City. I felt sorry for them. They had Irish players in Quinn, Phelan & the mighty Kernaghan! The rest is history. A rollercoaster ride though i wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully, we come to the top today. C'mon City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.