How Much Did The 35 Years Thing Wind You Up?

It fucked me right off. I got to the point where I couldn't get excited for an FA Cup quarter final because I knew we'd fuck up. I was devastated after Forest and Tottenham at home in the '90's. It wasn't the rags banging on about it that got to me. It was City's incompetance.

Didn't bother me. Couldn't let it.

Just went on about how obsessed they were with us whenever it was brought up.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Be honest. It used to drive me mad. That carling cup defeat was a real low point cos it was our best hope of winning something and the horrible bastards loved rubbing it in our faces (don't ever forget that).

Remember deleting a few friends of facebook who were going on about it all day on the anniversary, and even the david may party thing pissed me off, ****

Seems long time ago now but it was only last year
When it first went up I used to hate it. In the end I just used to say to Rags that they had a banner showing the years of City loyalty.

msix said:
i never gave a fuck about it
Same here.

Over the years I've seen my dad go from a City fan first and Utd hater second to the other way round and I never want to turn out that way. Utd fans that he knows (not that any of the fuckers should be labelled fans as few go to any games) target him as he's so easy to take bets, wind up, push towards violence etc. Saying that, I'm glad he got to enjoy the 13th May and collect some money and pints off the twats.

Despite having a hatred of them since 1985, most of the time I just pretend the fuckers don't exist.

To be fair it never bothered me because in my lifetime we've never been up there challenging for top honours domestically. We've normally either been pretty shit or mid-table. Given the pressure this season at times I'd have settled for mid-table again where it didn't matter whether you won or lost haha!

How I long for the days where Joey Barton was our best player ;-)

It never really bothered me to be honest, just provided a convenient retort whenever they said we were obsessed with them. It was satisfying to see them sheepishly have to take it down though.

Never bothered me during a game or seeing the banner, but i went to a gig at the Academy 4 (in the basement) to see a Smiths tribute band when it was ''28 years'' and after 'There is a light that never goes out' was played, these wankers who had been plastering the venue with 'Love United Hate Glazer' stickers and wearing FC United badges (who must have just formed) started singing ''City are shite and they never win owt'' and then ''28 years, 28 years'' etc between the next songs.
On the way out, the group, maybe 10 of them, carried on singing the ''28 years'' shit and I was a little way behind them as they turned a corner on the stairs and it went a bit quiet and I (alcohol induced) shouted ''Oh Glazer we love you, we love you Glazer, we do'' and then as i turned the corner, there they were looking to see who was chanting, I immediately turned round as if to look at who it was behind me and calmly walked past the twats all posing and posturing to nobody......
Knobs of the highest order. The building was covered in those stupid stickers.

Fuck em, fuck their nursery rhymes and fuck their obsession with '20' this , '19' that and their shite fucking club sponsored '35' year banner. Leave it to them and the dippers.... All we have to worry about is the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.