How Much Did The 35 Years Thing Wind You Up?

CityEssex49er said:
Jnr Kisby said:
CityEssex49er said:
Nice on Flash and Junior...........

Didn't bother me at all.

When other ( so called ) fans mentioned that we had not won a trophy in 35 years, I simply corrected their inacuracy. We won one in 1999 at Wembley after the Gillingham game and the old First Division trophy under Keegan.....

Ah yes "but that doesnt count" - comes the standard response!

Yes - very perceptive of you Junior.

There were a few answers to that effect but I did remind them that the actual First Divison Trophy was the same one that Liverpool had won so many times and that they had gone on to win the European Cup after winning that trophy. My argument was that ' 35 years and won f*** all ' was not true - we had won a trophy and that was that.

I didn't bring that argument into winning the play off against Gillingham, though.............sure you can appreciate why.................

My respons was short and sweet. 35 years and were still supporting the club, would you glory hunting c***s do the same?! Our time will come.

Beating Gillingham , and winning Div 1 under Keegan , doesn't count IMO ,and if you used them in an argument with reds , you were leaving yourselves open for ridicule ... again IMO .
That we didn't have open top bus parades through Manchester or Civic receptions at the town hall proves the point ,
1/ Premier league title
2/ Champions league
3/ FA cup
4/ Europa league
5/ Carling cup
.............................. in that order , oh and THAT banner wound me up tighter every f******* year !!!! glad its gone .CTID!!!

Few years ago at the derby the reds started their 32 (or how many it was then) years chant and we responded straight away '..and we're still here' and basically joined in with their chant and made it ours. The look of confusion that their 'big-wind-up' didn't work was pretty funny. So did their chants wind me up? did they flip..

Never particularly bothered me, in fact I always felt that anyone who threw that my way were showing certain traits and that they were only in it for the trophies, if we 'd have never won a single thing again I would have still been a Blue supporting the team regardless, plenty of fans do it.

I used to like it. Rags thought it was funny that we supported a club that didn't win and showed themselves up for the plastics they are.

Only time I got wound up was when Gary Cook said it upset us.

Who's laughing now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.