how much do we wind other fans up?

Lets face it, the absolute bottom line is we are hated for our success not for our fans behaviour, before we started winning trophies, most teams fans viewed us pretty much like we did ourselves, self deprecating and repeating the much used phrase that has probably woven itself into the lexicon of the English language, Typical City, never mind lads, you are great fans and its not your fault your team is shit and manages to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory with gay abandon...

Oh how times have changed, we have destroyed the cosy little cabal of the rags, dippers, the arse and chelsea, to a lesser extent the spuds, its pure unadulterated sour fuckin grapes, no top clubs fans on the planet have endured what the average (old ****) City fan has over the last 40 years and we still get shit for celebrating now the good times are here..

They can all get to fuck as far as i am concerned, we don't get a pat on the head these days and a knowing smile, saying, unlucky lads, you did well staying up, great fans you are..
Now we are the pariah's of the game because we have done what every single top club on the planet has done and fallen on our feet with a benefactor to set us on the way to the good times.

To be honest, after what we have endured during the dark days, its a fuckin miracle we have not turned into the petty, self entitled, smug twats the rags and dippers have, well done City fans I say and to the rest, I say keep it coming, the more bile you spout, the more successful we are becoming...!

Nearly every away game bar the obvious, I have had a pint and a chat with home fans at some point and never been bad mouthed or kicked off with, only people I have had shit from are rags and smoggies, even had post match drinks in the flat iron with no hassles( though not been in the last 2 years)

Social media is different though and any old dick can talk shite.

My feelings have changed slightly since last weekend when every Liverpool and Tottenham fan I encountered in Madrid spoke positively about City, whereas one Everton fan came out with all the "killing football.." remarks.

It's a huge generalisation, but I think the genuine match day goers of most clubs are pleased for the hardcore City element who stuck by the club in the dark days of the mid 90s and beyond.

In contrast, the anonymous social media clickbait tossers (and we're not immune) play to different rules.

Now before anyone starts let me just say I think we’re the best fans in the land, and we conduct ourselves well. We defend the club loyally, we aren’t idiots (well, majority of us) we don’t have a bad reputation and we deserve the football we watch.
However, how much piss do you think our winning ways boils, and how disliked are we as a fan group by others.

Are we seen as undeserved lottery winners by everyone or just the established clubs?
Are we arrogant with our confidence in our team being the best there is?
Does our rags to riches tale appeal to clubs in our old position?
Will we ever get the recognition we deserve as fans or will the ‘empty seats no history’ thing be stuck with us?

I get really wound up seeing fans of other clubs bad mouthing us, with comments of the sort above, which leads me to think if our fortune ever changed and we went back to how we were, will we go back to being everyone’s favorite underdog or is this our identity now?
Have to got any pots to wash?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.