How Much Do You Watch Football In The Great British Pubs?

I will never forget watching the title win against QPR in my local and the FA cup win against Stoke. Those were two amazing moments surrounded by loads of city fans, but I must admit after that I stopped going to the pubs to watch games and used streams instead. It was only a year or so later my brother came up from London and wanted to watch a game in a pub. We went to that same pub and it was deserted, I couldn't believe it, it had changed hands and was no longer a football pub, we drove round to a few others and finally found one with about 4 people watching the game on a dodgy foreign channel. Obviously there are still pubs showing live football but live streams have changed things and I think are contributing to the demise of the English pub.

I don't get to games as much as I once did, so I watch about 70% of City's games in the pub. I'm not much help to the pub trade though as I barely drink. One pint of real ale during the match, avail myself of the facilities, and I'm out of there, never to darken the door until the next televised city match. I also I really enjoy listening to football on the wireless.

I've never watched football online.

I go to the pub a lot. Either to "Hawthorn" in Warrington, where they now have the City supporters club meetings or "Rosies" in Haydock - which is a fair way away, but it's a real sports bar. I drove all the 7 miles to Rosies and had left my wallet at home, missed the first half against Everton. I also was there for the home game against Fulham where Yaya got a hat trick; and it was really weird in there as they had City on the biggest screen but the Mickeys ( who were playing Cardiff) were on practically every other screen. As Yaya scored an absolute beauty I just said to all these Mickeys remember when Gerrard was ALMOST that good !

I go to the pub a lot. Either to "Hawthorn" in Warrington, where they now have the City supporters club meetings or "Rosies" in Haydock - which is a fair way away, but it's a real sports bar. I drove all the 7 miles to Rosies and had left my wallet at home, missed the first half against Everton. I also was there for the home game against Fulham where Yaya got a hat trick; and it was really weird in there as they had City on the biggest screen but the Mickeys ( who were playing Cardiff) were on practically every other screen. As Yaya scored an absolute beauty I just said to all these Mickeys remember when Gerrard was ALMOST that good !

My old fella goes in Rosies as well. Isn't it actually earlestown though? the owner is a big City fan and as my Dad lives locally that's where he watches games now he no longer goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.