How Much Do You Watch Football In The Great British Pubs?

Never go to watch at the pub if I'm not at the game. I prefer to watch at home and the local doesn't have a TV anyway.

Never.
I watch it at the game.
Or if not at home otherwise there's at least one red nob who's asking to be strangled

Can’t watch football in a pub that’s full of rags ( and let’s be honest on match day that’s where most of them are ) as I normally end up in either an argument or a fight so I tend to watch at home if on the rare occasion I am not at the game.

Had my finest armchair moment in a pub in Warwick for the 6-1. Needless to say, it was packed with rags so I intended to keep my mouth shut. 1-0, I celebrated inwardly, 2-0 I allowed myself to smile broadly, 3-0 I guffawed in their faces. At that point my girlfriend who knows nothing about football rang to ask if I wanted picking up. 5 minutes later she walked in wearing my City scarf. She asked me if I wanted a drink and when I said no, one of the local rags started on us with comments like "it's a fucking pub you know. The landlord makes a living from selling drinks". At that point we scored, 4-1 so I said"on second thoughts, I think I will have a drink"so she went to the bar. No sooner had she got there than number 5 went in so I shouted over "make mine a double". When number 6 went in I just laughed some more. On the way out one of them said, "I bet you haven't even been to Manchester" at which point I flourished 3 season cards in his face.

Not been in that pub since as the girlfriend didn't like the "hostile atmosphere". Bless her.

I love your girlfriend for going in the pub with a City scarf on .
I wished I'd done what you did that day and watched that game in the pub .
It might have calmed my nerves watching that match with a bit of alcohol in me .

Years ago id watch any game and i do mean any game but its City only these days with my interest in other games at zero!

Always work a game at a pub in around going to City game whether it's before or after our game.

It's great when United have lost on Sky at 12:45 and then we're playing at 15:00 or we've won at 15:00 and United lose at 17:30. those days are always a right laugh!

If its not a home game or an away game I'm going to, try and watch it at our local Conservative Club - we do get a few rags in so United can be on, which has been generally entertaining over the last couple of years
The only problem with watching City there is that I get p*ssed far quicker - there isn't two 45 minutes of non-drinking time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.