How Much Is Istanbul Costing You?

Train from manc 35 x 2
Flights from Heathrow 333 x 2
Train to Euston. 35 x 2
Euston to Heathrow 15 ? X 2
Taxi from Ist Airport 20?
Airbnb 109 2 nights
Call it 1000 with random beers along the way....that's without match tickets x 2 and getting back from London to Whalley Range !!!
Ffs. Now I've typed it out it's a serious wedge.

I visit Turkey every year and know the place very well. I expect to be able to fly to southern Turkey for just over £200, then an internal flight for £70.
I'm fortunate enough to have friends over there so accommodation is free. I've had a season ticket for most years since 78 but the problem is I can't afford cup schemes so I'm unlikely to get a ticket..!

I booked 5 nights Thu-Mon, flying from Edinburgh to Istanbull 4* BB City centre me & lad 18 has cost £1150

370€ for the flights and 130€ Hotel 2 nights so far. So 500€ and still sitting on my uncomfortable sofa.

I normally buy 2 pints of blackcurrant & tap water for £1 a pop on match nights but I may push out the boat to 3 cause its a special occasion. I buy 2 bags of crisps & 1 dry roasted peanuts as I feel guilty not putting much behind the bar. Should be £7 all in but I'll round it off to a tenner of we win. It's good it's not till the 10th June, I'll have time to save up.

£340 flights (via bodrum on the way and Riga on the way back, combo of Jet2, Turkish Airlines and Ryanair)

Hotel £95 for two nights

Plus ticket I guess

direct Flights from Manchester on Wednesday, four nights hotel in Taksim and direct flights Sunday. £1600 for my son and I ,no chance of ticket’s but just for the buzz..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.