How Peter Swales became City chairman

Really enjoyed that. So the key point was you needed to become a Director or some si.ilar club official before you could become eligible to get hold of any existing shares.
Great read and fills in a few dots for me on when I first started following city but too young to be aware of the politics behind the scenes.
Thought it was a bit typical city ish that 3 shareholders died straightaway after this agreement was made ...!
Growing up my mates dad who was very clued up on city politics always said Joe Smith was very bad news so look forward to the next instalment !
Glad you're enjoying it. The story does get more interesting, and culminates in one particular deal that Swales struck to win control.

how far we have come
3a6d8ef5d7b31fd65112956dcf5a5e2c.jpg

Tony Book's trousers!
I wrote a piece about this photo back in the early 2010s on another City blog I created. I might republish it on Substack.

I was mesmerised by Tony Book's disco pants at the time, but also noticed that the letters on Dave Ewing's and Bill Taylor's tracksuits spelt the word 'DEBT'.

That photo speaks volumes about Swales' unparalleled egotism and unsuitability to be in charge. A sort of tin-pot Napoleon, without Napoleon's abilities, except in his own mind.

It's a sort of metaphor for the whole gross fuck-up that was the Swales era.
It could also be a metaphor for Swales being a frontman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.