How Peter Swales became City chairman

Nice to see pics of Bill Taylor,Glyn Pardoe Bernard Halford and Roy Bailey...old school Maine rd names.
Be interesting to find out how many of the non-playing staff are still around. Simon Cussons (standing directly behind Swales) is the only director from this period still alive, I believe.

Love this photo. Particularly the lady by the van with the duster in front of her face. Probably trying to obscure the view of the Swales combover. Don’t know why Swales didn’t insist the team sat inside reception. Look at me, me, me.
After publishing an article about this photo in the early 2010s, I was messaged by a guy. He told me the woman whose face was obscured by a mop was his mum, and she had hidden her face because she didn't think she was important enough to be in the photo.

Part five of the serialization is now online (earlier instalments can also be found via the link below).

It details Swales’ business dealings and involvement in football prior to joining the City board. Bearing in mind that the most commonly-used terms to describe Swales are “buffoon” and “incompetent”, the amount of success he enjoyed in his earlier life will surprise a lot of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.