How Peter Swales became City chairman

"a massive campaign..."
Daily-Mirror-tells-Swales-to-get-out-Daily-Mirror-front-page-used-under-fair-use.-749x1000.jpg

imagine on tuesday april 28th 1987, the day of this publication,
you'd've looked at the bottom right-hand corner and thought...
oh, nice one, he'll be our manager one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
"a massive campaign..."
Daily-Mirror-tells-Swales-to-get-out-Daily-Mirror-front-page-used-under-fair-use.-749x1000.jpg

imagine on tuesday april 28th 1987, the day of this publication,
you'd've looked at the bottom right-hand corner and thought...
oh, nice one, he'll be our manager one day.
The journo there, Alec Johnson, didnt he write a book about City after Swales had left?

Edit
Answering my own question here
9781851586547.OL.0.m.jpg

Last edited:
Tony Book's trousers!
Seriously, I get severe PTSD and ‘Flashbacks’ looking at those, my Mam got me a pair of ‘handmedowns’ very similar from a friend (as well as a black and red furry, chequered ‘car seat cover’ coat) as we were quite poor (not Marcus Rashford poor though).

I never had so many fights and altercations in my life than I did in the brief period I was made to wear those, they fuckin scarred me for life.

I’ve noticed there have been a lot of threads about Peter Swales over the years, but none have provided the answers people are looking for.

I’m a former financial journalist and have been researching the Swales era for the last few years. Back in the day I created the Purely Man City blog, and have now relaunched it on Substack. I’m starting with a serialisation explaining how Swales become chairman. I’ve just published the first installment, which details a secret deed of covenant signed by City’s directors in 1964 that inadvertently paved the way for Swales’ rise to power.

It’s free to view via the link below:

https://mcfchistory.substack.com/p/how-peter-swales-became-city-chairman
Thanks for this great insight into Swales and our Club. How about an investigation into how Louis Edwards became Rag Chairman....now that would be interesting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.