how strong are we?

One thing I'd say about the CL thing is despite us having a strong squad, we're still very "young" in our CL career. I remember the rags (4-0 Barca) and other English teams getting twatted left, right and centre for the first few years after we were allowed back into Europe in the 90s. It's not as simple as saying "we have the players" as there are many other factors. I've no doubt we'll do well, but I think it'll take another year or two until we begin getting truly comfortable at that level.

Daz_Blue said:
How many of our side would get in Bayern Munich's ?

Silva, Aguero and Komps ?
Yes. Probably those three but still pushing it a bit.<br /><br />-- Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 pm --<br /><br />
Proelia said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Proelia said:
Hart would not have a look in with Neur

Debatable...Neur has been in good form recently and Joe hasn't

I reckon both on form and there is little between them

Thats the difference Neur is always in form
Not true but I think Neuer is better.

We need a top quality CM, when you look at Munich's midfielder of Schweinsteiger and Martinez or Dortmund's with Bedner and Gundogan ours just looks totally inferior and its shown in Europe, time and time again we overun. Hopefully the Fernandinho transfer comes off. We obviously lack width, crazy with the amount of money spend the only winger in our squad is Scott Sinclair.

Seems our transfer targets are Fernandinho, Isco, Navas and Cavani and that should hopefully solve most off our weaknesses in the squad.

The signings mentioned would definitely solve our width problem and lack of goals. Cavani in and Dzeko out would be a dream.

I think Jack Rodwell can be the difference next season. Fit and injury free, a run of 10/15 games will tell us all if he can be as good as his potential as promised.

I think we will also strengthen at centre half as Kolo has gone. If Kolarov leaves, we will obviously need another left back.

Other than that, our team (player for player) is as good as any. What we need is a manager that can get them going. Nasri and Silva, for me, slightly disappointed over the season, especially when you look at their goal tally. Bale and Mata both scored over 20, how many did Silva and Nasri get? 2 each?

Neuer
Lahm-Kompany-Dante-Clichy
Schwienstieger - YToure
Robben - Silva - Ribery
Dzeko

Their system involves a target man...Dzeko in the Bundesliga, with that system would be awesome

Don't see the point in comparing ourselves to Bayern - for me the gap is way too wide at the moment.

Were badly lacking in attacking midfielders - playmakers or players who can make the killer pass. We're far too reliant on Silva and Ya Ya and to be honest Nasri hasn't been consistent enough to do his share of the work (hoping he's starting to prove his doubters wrong). An in form striker would be a good addition but if we could improve the midfield with a couple of quality players (hopefully ones who can cross the ball too) I think we could probably live with the strikers we have.

01cravend said:
Neuer
Lahm-Kompany-Dante-Clichy
Schwienstieger - YToure
Robben - Silva - Ribery
Dzeko

Their system involves a target man...Dzeko in the Bundesliga, with that system would be awesome

That Potential team..
images

And also Alba > clichy IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.