How to bulk up?

Johnsonontheleft

How to gain weight healthily?

My metabolism is such that whatever I eat I can't seem to put on weight. I'm skinny and I want to bulk up, but I want to do it the healthy way. I don't like the idea of supplements because they seem unnatural to me and I don't want to put any undue strain on my body. I'm in my early 30's by the way. Some stomach problems mean I would struggle to simply double my meal sizes.

Is there a foolproof healthy way to bulk up? Do I need to get myself down the gym to do this? Wouldn't know where to start!

Re: How to gain weight healthily?

You can GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day)
You can eat more carbs although in the long run this will make you feel quite lethargic
Supplements are actually good for you if you get the right ones and most are just a boost to what naturally occurs in your body anyway, if they were no good for you im sure athletes wouldn't use them.
The other way is a shed load of protein and good old fashioned hard work in the gym

You're more than likely not eating enough and almost definitely not the right stuff at the right times.

If you want to write down a typical days diet,starting with breakfast until bed,than i may be able to help.

The gym is a must and,as said,supplements are simply a convenient,HEALTHY,way of adding needed cals and nutrients for growth.

26 pints of bitter and a curry a night works for me...

35izx2o.jpg

Going to the gym won't help you unless you start to EAT. While starting off, eat what you normally would, but have a weight gaining protein shake in whole milk.

That's an extra 6000kJ a day without even trying. And theres no way starting off you would be able to eat that much extra.

Wheelsy said:
Going to the gym won't help you unless you start to EAT. While starting off, eat what you normally would, but have a weight gaining protein shake in whole milk.

That's an extra 6000kJ a day without even trying. And theres no way starting off you would be able to eat that much extra.

I bet if he ate half a tub of lard a day he would smash the weight on

Johnsonontheleft said:
My metabolism is such that whatever I eat I can't seem to put on weight. I'm skinny and I want to bulk up, but I want to do it the healthy way. I don't like the idea of supplements because they seem unnatural to me and I don't want to put any undue strain on my body. I'm in my early 30's by the way. Some stomach problems mean I would struggle to simply double my meal sizes.

Is there a foolproof healthy way to bulk up? Do I need to get myself down the gym to do this? Wouldn't know where to start!

Supplements are a fantastic way of gaining healthy weight as long as you use the right supplements. They will also help you obtain the vitamins and minerals your diet currently lacks. A word of warning though if you do use things such as protein shakes etc you will need to go to the gym as they are packed with calories.

I was in exactly the same boat as you in terms of my metabolism at 6ft i weighed 140lbs and seemingly couldn't gain any mass at all. 3 protein shakes a day, 2 amino acid tablets and vital vitamins helped me gain 25lbs in a year with a strict workout plan and diet. I now compete on the UK MMA Amateur circuit. If you need any detailed help just pop a PM over and i'll try and help if you are serious about gaining healthy weight.

Turkey and Fish are great, also eat 5 medium meals a day too helps.

I had 2 poached egg on toast for Breakfast.
Rye bread with Peanut Butter for a snack
Tukey on Brown bread with salad for lunch
Fruit and peanuts for a snack
Salmon and Brown rice for tea

That's today. I have a 4 week old baby now and the gym is just impossible, but that doesn't mean I wont keep eating a healthy diet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.