How to bulk up?

Re: How to gain weight healthily?

Chrisja1000 said:
Turkey and Fish are great, also eat 5 medium meals a day too helps.

I had 2 poached egg on toast for Breakfast.
Rye bread with Peanut Butter for a snack
Tukey on Brown bread with salad for lunch
Fruit and peanuts for a snack
Salmon and Brown rice for tea

That's today. I have a 4 week old baby now and the gym is just impossible, but that doesn't mean I wont keep eating a healthy diet.

90 % of getting and keeping fit is diet

Start off by putting lead in your pockets..h2h ...

I feel your pain, I've recently been referred to a nutrionist because I dropped to 8 stone just before Christmas, which for my height is not a good weight. I also have a lot of stomach problems and my body doesn't absorb a lot of nutrients easily meaning I have to go for iron infusions every so often because I become anaemic.

The thing is, I have a ridiculously high metabolism (get it off my dad), but I also know that I don't eat enough. I don't have half the appetite of some of my friends. I've tried supplements and exercise, but regularly get disheartened when after two weeks of trying I find I've actually lost weight.

So as a new years resolution I decided to start eating 5 meals a day and drinking 2 litre bottles of milk as often as possible, and up to now it seems to be working relatively well. I'd say I'm back up to just above what I would consider a good weight for me, which is about 9 and a half stone. My target is to reach 10.

So, perhaps, instead of eating more during meals, you could instead try to eat more meals. That and drink lots of whole milk. It's the best tonic I've found so far, so I'm speaking from experience. Good luck with whatever you choose to try.

Johnsonontheleft said:
My metabolism is such that whatever I eat I can't seem to put on weight. I'm skinny and I want to bulk up, but I want to do it the healthy way. I don't like the idea of supplements because they seem unnatural to me and I don't want to put any undue strain on my body. I'm in my early 30's by the way. Some stomach problems mean I would struggle to simply double my meal sizes.

Is there a foolproof healthy way to bulk up? Do I need to get myself down the gym to do this? Wouldn't know where to start!

How much weight?. Everyone can put on weight you are just not eating the right the foods and im not talking high carb, high fat either. You dont need to double your meals and yes gym would help a great deal as long as you do heavy weights at low reps and minimal cardio or you will get skinner. Tell me your targets and I will try and help you with meal plans, workouts etc.

Good luck.

Eat lots. I'm clean bulking at the mo and my diet looks like...

6 weetabixs

Banana and apple

Usn hyperbolic mass shake

Jacket potato with cheese and beans

Usn hyperbolic mass

Egg Mayo Vienna

Usn hyperbolic mass

Gym

Usn hyperbolic mass

Chicken and peppers with wholemeal rice

3 weetabix

All in chronological order :) hitting over 4000 cals and over 200g protein

ello_jo said:
Eat lots. I'm clean bulking at the mo and my diet looks like...

6 weetabixs

Banana and apple

Usn hyperbolic mass shake

Jacket potato with cheese and beans

Usn hyperbolic mass

Egg Mayo Vienna

Usn hyperbolic mass

Gym

Usn hyperbolic mass

Chicken and peppers with wholemeal rice

3 weetabix

All in chronological order :) hitting over 4000 cals and over 200g protein

EFA's and veg(greens) would be good additions/substitutions

Protein on waking?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Chrisja1000 said:

That's today. I have a 4 week old baby now and the gym is just impossible, but that doesn't mean I wont keep eating a healthy diet.

Crap.

90% of being a healthy weight is diet.

100% of being fit is exercise.

NathanC said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Chrisja1000 said:

Crap.

90% of being a healthy weight is diet.

100% of being fit is exercise.

Think he's just worded it wrong, to get fit fit you need excercise yes. But what hes trying to say is if u want to see a change in your body when training a bigger priority is diet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.