How to play against Barcelona?

Definitely attack down the flanks in this one. Sit tight and narrow when not in possession and counter attack rapidly when we win the ball back. Have to make sure Sergio works his ass off pressing and hassling Busquets and preventing them from establishing their passing rhythm. This will encourage their full backs to get forward to try create width but it also leaves ample space behind them for a counterattack.

Personally, i think people are worried about playing 2 strikers as it will leave our midfield outnumbered 3v2. Strikers are presumed to lack the technical ability of a midfielder and lacking the workrate without the ball.
Moreover, Yaya is not exactly the most apt at pressing. This problem can be resolved by having the strikers drop deeper(i know negredo does this quite often) and it can actually create a 4v3 situation to our advantage.
What may be the problem is our high line which could be caught out by brilliant through balls/balls over the top. Hence, the defence must know when to sit deeper and pressing high depending on the area where Barcelona are playing.

As long as all the players are willing to give their all everywhere on the pitch,nothing can stand in our way.

The great Joe Mercer would have told us to just score one more goal than them or as an alternative score the same number of goals as them but one more away goal. Either will do me.

In my opinion, we need to use our Sizemore, speed and aggression.

Give Ya Ya free role, licence to run at them. Set pieces will be crucial. I could see us scoring home a& away from corners.

Ideally soak up their pressure, defend deep and counter attack in numbers as we have done countless times.

Make them worry about us, they won't like our size and pace. They don't have anyone who could deal with Aguero for speed, Negredo will be too strong for Pique, Biscuts will not know what to do with Ya Ya.

High scoring tie, a red card for either side will end the tie, City would test apart a 10 men Batca, as Barca would tear apart a 10 man City.
Over two legs I can see Biscuts or Macherano seeing red, and us scoring at least twice set set pieces. I may severely have under estimated Barca, but I do rate us highly enough to win.

Pace & power is the key to beating them. See Bayern 7 Barca 0 last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.