How to push on.

I love sterling and his goals this season probably make this a mute point but he doesnt take ‘enough’ chances to be the central striker. The derby and the spurs game spring to mind ?

I agree but I wouldn’t play him as a striker, I’d play him behind the striker alongside kdb cos he creates chances

Diawara / Claudio Gomes in for Yaya (long term)
Jorg in to reduce the work load on Ferna , Zinch goes the other way
A big man upfront for aerial threat (Mandzukic type)
Blood the youngsters

I can't believe after the season we've had people are still hoping for a big man upfront.

If there was one take away from this entire season, it should be that you don't need to resort to lumping it to a big man to either score, break down a defence or get a late winner.

This next window is going to be defining for us, the next step we must take is to retain the title.

This season has been fantastic but when you consider we drew with Everton, Palace, Huddersfield and Burnley as well as losses to the red dippers and the Rags we still have room to improve. With the exception of the dippers game we really should have taken maximum points from the others.

The challenge now is to keep up these standards and make the minor improvements required, I really believe that next season we will see the continued development of Sane, Sterling and Jesus as well as Bernardo and Laporte.
Mendy will be like a new signing and hopefully Silva will have seen the back of his personal problems.

So what do we need to improve on this season?
We won't do it by replacing players who are in almost every position the best in the game. We will maybe need one or two players. I am hoping that we can buy a world class player like Isco or Mbappe. I also hope Gabriel Jesus comes back from the World Cup a superstar. He may well do. He will be under massive pressure particularly as Neymar has not played since February.

I think we will be for the first time massively outspent in the transfer market as the rest of football plays catch-up, but the sensible thing now is evolution. I would like City to integrate Brahim and Foden into the team. They are there now, but not regulars. It's better to build a team that has spirit and that can then survive for a generation.

I can't believe after the season we've had people are still hoping for a big man upfront.

If there was one take away from this entire season, it should be that you don't need to resort to lumping it to a big man to either score, break down a defence or get a late winner.

A big man like Dzeko would have been very useful in games like against Liverpool in the UCL. We needed a goal, did everything we could but the goal just didn't come, all our play came through low passes and Klopp read through the game plan, if we had a big man, he would give us another option, I don't see why that's such a bad thing.

We need a striker who is exceptional in the air to bury all those top quality Mendy crosses. (And good at all the other Pep tactical stuff too.)

So Sterling - had a good season and he gets himself in positions to score a shed load of goals. Would we have lost the derby if he could have been more clinical? Can Pep sort his finishing out and maybe even make him a 30+ goals a season player. If not there is room for improvement as a team.

FYI not saying bin off Sterling! Just that as a team we need to be more clinical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.