how was your day?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
My day has gone to shit! Was supposed to be at the game tonight. My powered wheelchair has a battery problem so that’s me fucked. I will have a drink watching on the telly instead!

Sorry to hear that mate. Actually had the same thing happen to me. I’ve had more endoscopies than I can remember because I’m high risk of bowel cancer so I have a screening every 2 years. Usually it’s a combo upper GI + colonoscopy.

A few years back I went in and they couldn’t go down the throat because every time they tried my pulse rocketed to unsafe levels and my BP went wobbly. I have zero history of blood pressure issues but I do have a high resting pulse.

I’ve since learned that it was probably dehydration. The prep takes a lot of fluid out of you, if you think you’re drinking enough water, double it and drink all the way up to the point at which you have to be NBM. I don’t think they stress this enough personally.

Since then I always drink loads of water and I’ve not had an issue in subsequent endoscopies.
Great advice, thanks.

My day has gone to shit! Was supposed to be at the game tonight. My powered wheelchair has a battery problem so that’s me fucked. I will have a drink watching on the telly instead!
Hope you get to enjoy the game, even if it's not been an ideal day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.