how was your day?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
you'll be wandering down there now,
probably worrying yourself.
let us all know how you got on, won't you.

eggs and potatoes are good for the stomach after a fast.
washed down with some much needed booze, i'd imagine.
It didn’t go well at all, I got there, wristband, “dignity” shorts and gown on, filled in my details, answered all the questions, than taken to the Endoscopy Day Ward. Index finger on the pulse rate which was 85, took my Blood Pressure, it was ridiculously high, something my Doctor has been addressing since last August. I’ve been on increased amounts of Ramapril and although too high at the moment, latest average was 164/81 the Doc was happy with my progress. I’ve had an ECG and the heart is beating normally.

Anyway, The Hospital Doctor came to see me, said there’s no possibility of doing the procedure on the day as the BP was way over 200, appointment cancelled. So I’ve been dieting all weekend, last food on Sunday lunch, took the two horrible doses to clear me out, on the bog about 25 times over two days and all the worry that went with it (probably contributed to my high BP).

Got to go through it all again, to make it worse I did my BP last night, 158/86, unbelievable, I’m a bit devastated!

Whilst bowel cancer was hereditary down the male line in my family, things like my diet and lifestyle didn’t help.

The diagnosis forced me to make some huge changes… and it’s largely done me very well. I think what frightened me the most was being the youngest person on the ward and in the corresponding units by twenty years minimum.

I was 42 was the big C came along. It claimed friends before then.

It didn’t go well at all, I got there, wristband, “dignity” shorts and gown on, filled in my details, answered all the questions, than taken to the Endoscopy Day Ward. Index finger on the pulse rate which was 85, took my Blood Pressure, it was ridiculously high, something my Doctor has been addressing since last August. I’ve been on increased amounts of Ramapril and although too high at the moment, latest average was 164/81 the Doc was happy with my progress. I’ve had an ECG and the heart is beating normally.

Anyway, The Hospital Doctor came to see me, said there’s no possibility of doing the procedure on the day as the BP was way over 200, appointment cancelled. So I’ve been dieting all weekend, last food on Sunday lunch, took the two horrible doses to clear me out, on the bog about 25 times over two days and all the worry that went with it (probably contributed to my high BP).

Got to go through it all again, to make it worse I did my BP last night, 158/86, unbelievable, I’m a bit devastated!
that's ridiculous.
of course your blood pressure is going to be very high,
you're in an extremely stressful situation and worrying about the outcome,
let alone the fact that as they are taking it you will have felt heightened fear that it would be high (i have white coat syndrome),
but instead of suggesting you sit down for 5 minutes and do some breathing exercises and try again, they send you home.

i hope you ate well and drank well and slept well.

Tbf no procedure is getting done with a blood pressure that dangerously high , right decision imo

Aww fuck mate that's a pisser.
Maybe doc can get that BP down to 130?

Hope it goes better next time.

Oh you poor boy. Sorry to hear that this after going through all that preparation. It may have been your body reacting to the day and your BP high accordingly. Let’s hope it isn’t too long before you get another appointment.

Oh you poor boy. Sorry to hear that this after going through all that preparation. It may have been your body reacting to the day and your BP high accordingly. Let’s hope it isn’t too long before you get another appointment.
Thanks, was really down yesterday but feeling better today and looking forward to the Etihad tonight.

that's ridiculous.
of course your blood pressure is going to be very high,
you're in an extremely stressful situation and worrying about the outcome,
let alone the fact that as they are taking it you will have felt heightened fear that it would be high (i have white coat syndrome),
but instead of suggesting you sit down for 5 minutes and do some breathing exercises and try again, they send you home.

i hope you ate well and drank well and slept well.
They did give me about 30 minutes but I just couldn’t shake off the anxiety and the really high BP freaked me even more.

Yep, had a couple of beers last night and was in bed about 10, slept to 8 this morning, straight through.

They did give me about 30 minutes but I just couldn’t shake off the anxiety and the really high BP freaked me even more.

Yep, had a couple of beers last night and was in bed about 10, slept to 8 this morning, straight through.
oh, that's fine then. 30 mins is plenty.
i thought you meant they just sent you home straight away.
as kaz said, no way should they proceed,
besides which, their insurance wouldn't allow for it.

personally, i'm not a fan of pharmaceuticals unless absolutely necessary.
nature has answers for most things.
changing your diet is the most important thing...

i know some people will scoff but i am living testament that your blood pressure will improve dramatically if you eat the following foods:
blueberries, strawberries, raspberries.
bananas, kiwi, watermelon.
leafy green veg = cabbage, kale, lettuce, spinach.
garlic.
lentils and pulses.
very dark chocolate.
pistachios.

avoid all saturated fat (read the small labels)
your liver struggles to break it down, so it clogs up your arteries and means your heart has to work harder to pump the blood.
every time you eat a readymeal you are hurting yourself.
and i realise it's a big ask for meat-eaters, but try to avoid it as much as possible.
if you must eat some then stick to fish if you can, particularly oily fish.
good fat is the opposite to saturated fat.
natural fats like olive oil are so good for your heart.

as for alcohol...
avoid spirits, they fuck your heart up big time.
and don't go anywhere near cheapo versions of booze, ditto.
the very very very best thing for your heart and your bloodpressure is red wine (again, though, not the cheapo stuff).
red wine significantly calms your heart and enriches your blood,
it is really good for you (it's fruit, after all).

caffeine makes your heart race too, think about cutting it out.
chamomile tea does the opposite :)

regarding the blood in yer shit.
as has already been posted, it could be many other things than stomach or bowel cancer.
it might something as simple as a stage one pile that keeps bursting when you strain or when a seriously big log goes past it.
who knows.
it's easy to think the worst, try not to.

again, you can make your stomach very healthy with certain foods...
nuts, seeds, berries, leeks, onions, garlic, artichokes, olive oil.
and get as much live gut-healthy bacteria down you as you can manage:
probiotic yoghurt, kefir, kimich, etc.
(especially if you've taken antibiotics, they destroy all the healthy bacteria in your gut. the bacteria needs replacing).

oh, and the old favourite that has been a cure for ails for thousands of years:
red wine, it soothes your stomach problems.
and also, it makes you feel nice and soft instead of anxious.

give it a go, pal, what have you got to lose?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.