How will we work within platini's rules?

There is no law, British, European, Global or otherwise that limits the amount of money an individual or group can invest into a private business. If there was the world would fall apart.

If UEFA try to stop any club owner from doing so they will be taken to court and they will lose. Instead of the Bosman rule, there will be the Mansour/Abramovich rule.

Capitalism is bigger than Platini.

Tricky_Trev said:
In all honesty... i haven't got a clue. But i'm sure we must have some kind of anti-Platini plan in place by now. We've had enough notice. It will be interesting to see what happens.

all the big clubs will band together to hire a hitman to take him out and put fear into others who try to move forward with his plan

lol

NewbBlue said:
Just to dispel the rumors:

1) We will have to break even. Even if Sheikh Mansour converted his shares into equity, that has no bearing on whether we have an income or loss.

2) Our sponsorships, and all transactions, will have arms-length tests and market value tests. If the Sheikh overpays for an endorsement, it will be disallowed. Inflated sponsorships won't work under the rules.

3) Most of the elite clubs of Europe won't qualify for European play under the current criteria, not to mention legal challenges, so it is questionable at best whether Platini's plans will ever be enforced.

I would imagine the sattelite and TV companies would have sommat to say tbh...I dont think they would take kindly to some obscure latvian team getting champions league ahead of say real madrid...etc so on a so forth..<br /><br />-- Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 am --<br /><br />
LongLang said:
its all bollocks.
we wait all this time to get something great at the club, and the bastards beat us back down.
it simply wont work.
do You think real break even with their wages?
barcelona?
inter?
A.C?
Chelsea?
The rags??? £1.1bil Debt. how is this self sufficient?
none of these clubs will be able to enter european competition under the new rules, making the champions league redundant, as it will be the 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th place teams taking part.
uefa will lose all the incentives for people to play and ultimately lose out on sponsorship and tv money themselves.
then, the teams excluded from the competition would make their own competition for the super rich, resulting in the best teams playing each other for the best prize. hence a new champions league is born and uefa will be begging to get on board. Fuck it, we don't need uefa as much as they need the teams under them.
new rules in 2012
new rules out 2016

well said...I have said all along...UEFA actually think they are bigger than football where in fact they wouldnt exsisit without it...

Football will survive long after UEFA are a distant memory...

One thing that no one has mentioned yet is how any investment made by the football club on facilities or improving your ground etc, can all come off the bottom line of expenditure. For example if it costs the sheik 200mil to build a new stand and a training complex then this would come off the bottom line of what Platini is using to govern financial fair play.

Also, under the new rules you are allowed to post income generated by business' directly attached to the club, for e.g if the Sheik builds a Hotel/ leisure complex on the sports city site then the income generated from these business' are all allowed to be taken into consideration.

By creating a brand 'CITY' we create revenue, and lots of it, the ironic thing about Platinis fair play rules is that we don't actually need his competitions for the money as such, but more for the PR that goes with playing and winning his competitions.

So in answer to the OP, I feel we will be able to work within Platini's rules better than most clubs, we have a business model to create a brand over ten years hence the importance of achieving CL football. All we need Platinis comps for when we get there is to advertise the brand we create, and thank god the Sheik chose our beloved club to develop and drive it!

Will the thought of having an European Super League will come back to the surface??

We don't know what the regulations are yet as they won't be published until next month so we're just speculating on the details.

Standing back from being City fans and looking at things as football fans, in theory we should welcome anything that helps bring stability to a game where expenditure is completely out of control. This situation threatens the future of individual clubs (as we've seen with Leeds, Portsmouth and many others) and also the game itself.

As long as it is fair and consistent then it's OK. It's up to the clubs to get together to agree wage structures that are sustainable. Many other top class sports manage this in different ways and there's no reason why football can't either.

Lindowman said:
One thing that no one has mentioned yet is how any investment made by the football club on facilities or improving your ground etc, can all come off the bottom line of expenditure. For example if it costs the sheik 200mil to build a new stand and a training complex then this would come off the bottom line of what Platini is using to govern financial fair play.

Also, under the new rules you are allowed to post income generated by business' directly attached to the club, for e.g if the Sheik builds a Hotel/ leisure complex on the sports city site then the income generated from these business' are all allowed to be taken into consideration.

By creating a brand 'CITY' we create revenue, and lots of it, the ironic thing about Platinis fair play rules is that we don't actually need his competitions for the money as such, but more for the PR that goes with playing and winning his competitions.

So in answer to the OP, I feel we will be able to work within Platini's rules better than most clubs, we have a business model to create a brand over ten years hence the importance of achieving CL football. All we need Platinis comps for when we get there is to advertise the brand we create, and thank god the Sheik chose our beloved club to develop and drive it!

thanks fella, good comments

I think the main effect will be that we see very high levels of transfer activity this year and next, bringing in far more 'high priced' younger players so that then we won't have to continue to splurge last amounts each transfer window, and will ineffect be doing what Arsenal, United and more recently Chelsea have been doing.

A certain level of debt will be allowed but we will be mindful that we have a couple of seasons to play with. Obviously, outside of the huge 'City tax' transfer fees we shell out for these players, the wage bill will be the biggest contributor to any losses we incur. However, I should think that those very very clever accountants that the Shiekh uses will have found a way round this. Be it a lower weekly wage and then a much higher image rights package, or possibly even deferred payment schemes, almost like a pension for the player once they have left the club

Remember Hughes said that last years transfers were in effect 3 years worth in one summer, and this wouldn't be repeated, obviously with the activity we're seeing today, if you believe everything we're leaked, reported or told then we look like we're trying to get a whole squad in to negate the effects of this in the future

Prestwich_Blue said:
We don't know what the regulations are yet as they won't be published until next month so we're just speculating on the details.

Standing back from being City fans and looking at things as football fans, in theory we should welcome anything that helps bring stability to a game where expenditure is completely out of control. This situation threatens the future of individual clubs (as we've seen with Leeds, Portsmouth and many others) and also the game itself.

As long as it is fair and consistent then it's OK. It's up to the clubs to get together to agree wage structures that are sustainable. Many other top class sports manage this in different ways and there's no reason why football can't either.

I have formulated my opinions after having read this document................

UEFA Club Licensing
Discussion Paper
Private & Confidential
March 2010 - Version 0.98
This is a working document and is subject to amendment and change. This document is confidential to
UEFA and the parties involved in UEFA’s consultation process. The document must not be disclosed,
made available or communicated to any other party.

I agree though, in the sense that until the rules are publicised we can but speculate. However alot of the media who are also speculating choose to leave out the finances which clubs will be aloud to submit as part of the offsetting to the financial regulations in order to get in a cheap dig.

Believe me, our Sheik is not in this to throw money at a plaything, he is after developing a brand. These people are at the very pinnacle of business development and do not fail in what they set out to do. Our future is very very bright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.