How would you say you are coping mentally?

Missing visiting sites and interacting with my customers some of which are good friends, in the bunker with my loved ones the wife and the pooch so just trying to do the right things and stay safe like I hope we are all doing

I’m working 7 days a week at the moment, I’m finding to hard, I have a team of 9 colleagues which has been asked to pick a work load that would usually take 45 people to clear. To be able to keep engaging, motivating and leading the team is getting harder, which is understandable. On top I have two young children so my days starts again when I get home!

I empathise with this.

I've had a week off work through illness (no, not THAT virus) and I went back last Thursday to carnage.

I'm a fulfilment manager at a pet food company and people have deffo panic bought for their pets!!

I've more work and less staff than we can cope with, it's really hard to keep the staff motivated when they know other people in the organisation are working from home and (in their heads) the rest of the country are sitting at home and getting 80% of their wages for watching Homes Under The Hammer and repeats of Can't Pay We'll Take It Away!!

I also have a 16 month daughter so when I get home, as you say, I have to go again!!

We will get there..........it's just the "getting there" that's hard!!

The only thing that keeps me sane is my daily bike ride; I can ride for miles around here without seeing a soul. God help me if they stop me all because some daft tw@s.

I purposely didn’t go out today on mine because I thought the less out the better the chance we can carry on so set up the turbo and did a Zwift session and fuck me there were 23k on most I have seen before the outbreak was 7k

FaceTimed me Dad yesterday and he said; “I’m just hoping for good weather so I can put her outside!”... talking about my Mother who was sat right next to him, then I saw a hand crack him on the back of the head!

They spent five minutes while on FaceTime to me arguing about how many band members were in JLS. I just sat there listening and quite frankly didn’t give a shit. Then as my Mum was naming the four members, my Dad, with a smile on his face, held three fingers up at me on the phone. I saw the hand crack him on the back of the head again.

They’re off their heads. No way will my Mum last 12+ weeks without sticking a knife in my Dad!

What’s a JLS?

I empathise with this.

I've had a week off work through illness (no, not THAT virus) and I went back last Thursday to carnage.

I'm a fulfilment manager at a pet food company and people have deffo panic bought for their pets!!

I've more work and less staff than we can cope with, it's really hard to keep the staff motivated when they know other people in the organisation are working from home and (in their heads) the rest of the country are sitting at home and getting 80% of their wages for watching Homes Under The Hammer and repeats of Can't Pay We'll Take It Away!!

I also have a 16 month daughter so when I get home, as you say, I have to go again!!

We will get there..........it's just the "getting there" that's hard!!
Your staff don't know how lucky they are, being able to go to work each day. Sitting at home, paid or unpaid, isn't as easy as people might think.

I'm fine, worked from home for the last three days, and have four more shifts from Thursday.

I've a great balcony in the sun much of the day, and I can even work there, we managed to plant up our pots before the lockdown, so looking forward to keeping it nice.

I certainly don't want it, and I'm avoiding going out unless necessary, especially as I've watched some of the scrotes around here today. I know I will have to visit a supermarket in the next few days, and its a risk, but it has to be done.

Both I and my missus have had symptoms that could be related in the last 2 or 3 weeks, but they've been very mild. It could be normal stuff given the fact we haven't had any serious symptoms, it could even be hay fever, as I generally get these symptoms when the tree's start to flower in spring, but it started earlier, and has lasted longer, but still very mild, so the country urgently need tests that can test if you have had it.

Your staff don't know how lucky they are, being able to go to work each day. Sitting at home, paid or unpaid, isn't as easy as people might think.

Being comfortable in your own company is a really important skill.
You don’t have to achieve something everyday. The world still spins.

What are you missing about normal life?

Not seeing your family is tough. At least we have FaceTime, Skype, Zoom etc
Friends? The same.

imagine self isolating without WiFi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.