How would you say you are coping mentally?

Me too. I took on a big new allotment last year and have installed all mod cons for the beasties. Bug hotel, hedgehog house, wildlife pond, wormery. All organic. Every time I go, a resident blackbird immediately appears. He knows man with spade = wormfest :-)

I was weeding before I rotovate and took a big load of worms out and put them in a large container of earth, will they survive in there for a few days?

Asking for a sad friend.

Plenty of buzzards where I am too. The birds who come for a nosh at mine really cheer me up and always have. I did get worried I wouldn't be able to source the food I out out for them all, but so far, so good.

My favourites are a mating pair of Bluetits who nest in a box I out up for them. There was an older one they used, but this year they are into the new one. I sat yesterday reading a book and the bird song was beautiful. I'm extremely lucky to live where I do and my heart, black as it is, goes out to all those stuck in without the ability to do what I can everyday. Still haven't finalized shed the weeding in the veg patch, but, I will over the weekend and plant stuff.

My raspberry and red currant bushes are sprouting and so is my apple tree. The wild Scottish strawberries are growing too.

Its funny how you start to appreciate stuff more now.
It's good to see folk cool with the birdies. Up here in north Cumbria the summer migrants are starting to pour in. Chiffchaffs were already here but when I went out to get some exercise I walked to a little wild area and it was a cacophony of them, willow warblers and blackcaps. Paused for 10 minutes just to listen and forget about woes of the world. And whilst in pause, a treecreeper flew onto a tree right in front of me. Magical few minutes.

Came home to do some gardening and overhead was the first swallow of summer. Got blueys looking at the nest box but they don't look convinced...

Evening and no less than three hedgehogs rocked up. To finish, a tawny owl perched in trees over the back. Really lucky to live where I do...

It's good to see folk cool with the birdies. Up here in north Cumbria the summer migrants are starting to pour in. Chiffchaffs were already here but when I went out to get some exercise I walked to a little wild area and it was a cacophony of them, willow warblers and blackcaps. Paused for 10 minutes just to listen and forget about woes of the world. And whilst in pause, a treecreeper flew onto a tree right in front of me. Magical few minutes.

Came home to do some gardening and overhead was the first swallow of summer. Got blueys looking at the nest box but they don't look convinced...

Evening and no less than three hedgehogs rocked up. To finish, a tawny owl perched in trees over the back. Really lucky to live where I do...
Pets corner in Heaton Park? I didn't realise somebody lived in the big house :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.