Howard Webb retires

de niro said:
any points won under him were despite his best efforts. an out and out rag. i had a rag in my shop saying even he was embarrassed at what he handed them.

Isn't the statistic something like 22% of all penalties Webb awarded were for the rags?

That table a few pages back is what it is, so to speak. So you could argue that he may have favoured us on that basis.

But anything like that is handicapped by the relatively small data sample. Also, the measure is only "points per game" when Howard ragg was in charge - fine, but who is to say that every crap decision he gave directly swung points in a major way? The worst thing I ever saw last year (other than Bottleburg just giving us the whole fist sans Crisco at Klanfailed) was when Marriner handed Chelsea a free point against West Brom with about the year's worst non-dipper penno award. Something like that could have cost us the league and would not have registered heavily on a points per match table over a five year span.

Anyway, as to the "eyeball" and "smell" tests, Howard ragg always seemed to me to favour them at critical points.

And of course, Beijing Red - as ever - knows what is up:

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Beijingcasuals/status/497092531092742145/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Beijingcasuals/stat ... 45/photo/1</a>

Tbilisi said:
Howards Webb has denied favouring Manchester United during his career and says he is looking forward to retirement with his family,Wife Alex,Daughter Nicky and his 2 sons Ryan and Wayne.

I reckon we'll be seeing him up in the directors' box sat alongside the piss-can, the ticket tout and Prick Hucknall.

Vienna_70 said:
Tbilisi said:
Howards Webb has denied favouring Manchester United during his career and says he is looking forward to retirement with his family,Wife Alex,Daughter Nicky and his 2 sons Ryan and Wayne.

I reckon we'll be seeing him up in the directors' box sat alongside the piss-can, the ticket tout and Prick Hucknall.

Put money on it.

And cheering when the RAG's score.

Howard-Webb---Twitter-007.jpg

2014%2B-%2B1

1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.