How's your mood after the RM game?

Disappointed but slightly relieved, we had booked a week away for all the family, 2 sons who are match going blues, their partners, my daughter, husband and 2 children plus my wife. lots of ear ache avoided although the first Saturday we are away is Fa cup final day, so we might be in for some anyway, just not as much
Not overly confident about Saturday, but I think, not having to play the 2 extra games will definitely help us in the league

Missed opportunity, although I do feel we are not at the level of last season, we lack pace and some legs in that midfield.

We lost a lot of goals with the departure of Gundo and Mahrez and it's telling, especially at this time of the season.

Missed opportunity, although I do feel we are not at the level of last season, we lack pace and some legs in that midfield.

We lost a lot of goals with the departure of Gundo and Mahrez and it's telling, especially at this time of the season.

We bought players who weren’t as good as we let go. Gundogan and Mahrez offered us so much more than Kovacic and Nune and I don’t think giving them another 12 months will help.

Doku for a 21 year old looks a fantastic prospect.

Last edited:
We bought players who weren’t as good as we let go. Gundogan and Mahrez offered us so much more the Kovacic and Nune and I don’t think giving them another 12 months will help.

Doku for a 21 year old looks a fantastic prospect.
We need some goals and pace for sure, we are far too predictable and despite the crazy possession stats we often struggle to create genuine chances.

That has to change, we once destroyed teams and were a constant threat but no longer for me.

Going to be an interesting summer and maybe a few unexpected shocks in departures.

The disappointment is a bit worse than last night but one should be disappointed about going out of a major competition. Not disappointed in the team though because they gave their all and were the better side in the match.

Frustrated that we have been the best team in Europe for a few seasons now but will end the season with only one UCL to show for that.

Order of importance:

1. Become the first team to win the top flight 4x in a row
2. Make sure the scum don't win anything by taking the FA Cup
3. Champions League
This, this and this again (although to still be in with a treble would have been brilliant). Losing on Saturday will feel a lot worse than losing last night, have to somehow get over the line against Chelsea.

My mood hasn't changed much since the kickoff. I'm still shocked by the old man walking football we started with.

I felt empty inside when I saw it, similar to seeing the team sheet when we played Chelsea in the CL final.

I feel last night was a wasted opportunity & albeit most footy fans I've happened across today have been genuine in their commiserations, BM is the only social media I'm accessing today.

Those wishing us harm will be loving it! Nights like last night were meant for Old Toilet or Klanfield, not the Etihad.

We could've done better with the stadium spectacle & the start to the game. Not looking forward to Saturday...

The disappointment is a bit worse than last night but one should be disappointed about going out of a major competition. Not disappointed in the team though because they gave their all and were the better side in the match.

Frustrated that we have been the best team in Europe for a few seasons now but will end the season with only one UCL to show for that.
I was desperate for one CL, but the unpredictable nature of cup football can be like last night. For all of their dominance domestically, United only won two in Ferguson's time and they were nine years apart. Then you look at 2016-18 when Real won three-in-a-row; nobody thinks of that team as being an all-time great side. It's just the way it goes sometimes. The great Arsenal and Huddersfield sides of the 1920s and 30s only won one FA Cup each when that cup was the be-all.

I truly believe that it was vital to win the CL once at least and we got the job done in what turned out to be the best season ever performed by an English team. But the true metric of greatness is winning a league title when you're slugging it out week to week. If we get that fourth title in a row then our status as the greatest ever English team is secured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.