HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

Sad news. Feel for the Queen who I have the upmost respect for and will be sad when she departs.

Im really shocked by how many people still watch scheduled terrestrial TV by how many are complaining about the coverage.

Wonder if the viewing figures will ever be released for the coverage today. Both BBC and ITV.

I don’t really get people actually complaining about it as there is so much alternative entertainment out there, but it seems like overkill to avert criticism moving forward.

Plenty of people still watch the 4 main channels religously and will have their routine on certain shows, also not everyone in the country has access to digital channels still.

I have watched only about 10 hrs of the main channels all this year and spend more time on netflix/prime/nowtv so todays coverage hasn't bothered me but many more still are core beeb fans.

It seems a lot of complaints are about things like bbc4 going off which seems stupid with double coverage on 1 & 2, strangely every friday a top UK trend is the repeats of TOTP on bbc4 and was again trending last night with people moaning it wasn't on.

Also the radio stations blanket coverage, I expect many who tune into 1Xtra or 6music gave not a shit about this yet they had the channels removed, where if they had been interested then 5live, the news channel would have been enough to tune into.

Can understand why some were complaining about overkill, people have routines and unless this directly affected them or they really cared that much they wouldn't want their routines changed, jist what people are.

Last edited:
You think this will be talked about in one hundred years’ time- without googling I guarantee you’d struggle to talk about what was happening 10 years ago,

No one will remember in 100 years, we only remember Prince albert now because he gave his name to a cock piercing, if it wasn't for that no one would think about him.

Also for.Mancs we have Albert Square, but I bet if you asked many walking through it they wouldn't know who he is.

I could never dream of living a life that was mapped out for me early doors, having to always put the country and the expectations that come with his role first and not being able to make your own decisions on a daily basis. He made a few faux pas over the years but I think they can be forgiven due to the fact he didn’t mean harm, he was just from a different generation and lived in a different world. For all the positives that obviously come from being in the royal family, it’s a life I’m so glad I don’t have to live. RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.