HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

This is history , this will be talked about in a hundred more years , line of duty whilst good..lol :)
You think this will be talked about in one hundred years’ time- without googling I guarantee you’d struggle to talk about what was happening 10 years ago,

It’s bizarre to have the same coverage on the BBC channels and binning BBC4 don’t you think?

It’s available for people to watch, but why stop programmes on 2 out of their 3 channels?

I suppose. But there’s hundreds of other channels and Netflix, prime and other stuff to watch.
BBC is pretty much part of the royal institution so it’s little surprise they’re going to devote so much coverage for the passing of one the highest members of the Royal Family - its big news around the world , so less coverage from them would have looked more odd to me.

You think this will be talked about in one hundred years’ time- without googling I guarantee you’d struggle to talk about what was happening 10 years ago,
There was a certain FA Cup semi final that must have happened almost 10 years ago give or take a week...

I suppose. But there’s hundreds of other channels and Netflix, prime and other stuff to watch.
BBC is pretty much part of the royal institution so it’s little surprise they’re going to devote so much coverage for the passing of one the highest members of the Royal Family - its big news around the world , so less coverage from them would have looked more odd to me.

I don’t think they’d have been criticised if one of their channels had devoted the following 24 hours to his life.

All of them just seems weird.

Same with all the other “death threads” where everyone dives in to offer heartfelt condolences etc. If you never knew the person spare the faux sentimental bollocks. So sorry for your loss - no your not, you don’t know them or their family so turn it in. If anyone in here knew the bloke and knew him well, fair enough, the rest is knee jerk “I must show I care” horseshit

It's like the flags. Overkill. And a focus of unity ends up a matter of division.

I blame Brexit. It had addled people's minds. "The order of things is this..." ?

Is that a criticism of me? You know I'm a sensitive soul, or maybe you don't, either ways, explain yourself or mine's a double.

Same with all the other “death threads” where everyone dives in to offer heartfelt condolences etc. If you never knew the person spare the faux sentimental bollocks. So sorry for your loss - no your not, you don’t know them or their family so turn it in. If anyone in here knew the bloke and knew him well, fair enough, the rest is knee jerk “I must show I care” horseshit
I feel your pain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.