HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

Always sad when anyone dies, but the blanket media coverage has been a bit weird to say the least.
I agree. It all feels a bit forced on us, and are we really, as a nation, that bothered?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful because he served the country and was loved by his family, but it does seem over the top for a man I never met, never would, and never thought about.

I've always been ambivalent about the Royal family, better the devil you know kind of attitude, but I was out today and didn't witness anything other than life going on as normal, much as it always has when someone you don't know passes away.

The bbc needs to wake the fuck up and realise nobody wants to watch this crap constantly. That goes for any other channel showing the same shit.

The BBC is doing its duty by the establishment, even if its duty is out of kilter with public sentiment.

The BBC is not the State broadcaster, but it does consider itself one of the central pillars of the nation, its function on occasions like this is to maintain the order of things and the order of things is this.

It's like the flags. Overkill. And a focus of unity ends up a matter of division.

I blame Brexit. It had addled people's minds. "The order of things is this..." ?

Wonder if the viewing figures will ever be released for the coverage today. Both BBC and ITV.

I don’t really get people actually complaining about it as there is so much alternative entertainment out there, but it seems like overkill to avert criticism moving forward.

Bbc two have a great doco now , they must have had this prepared as people talking about him in the past tense
Hope it’s available on I Player. I love hearing about people who don’t have to squeeze their own toothpaste out of the tube.

quite surprised how many are bothered by the media coverage. Does it really matter for one day ?

It’s bizarre to have the same coverage on the BBC channels and binning BBC4 don’t you think?

It’s available for people to watch, but why stop programmes on 2 out of their 3 channels?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.