HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

I honestly don't know who's on a windup and who isn't anymore!

I wonder if Philip himself would've enjoyed this thread as he was clearly a master of winding people up as well.

And I don't mean that in a bad way but more as a compliment to him. He had such a clear sense of humour coming through despite having such a restricted role.

He was 99. Over 125,000 people have died in a much sadder way. It's utterly over the top and pathetic. He is no better than any of them, in fact, he wasn't even a nice person. But because has Royal we pretend he was lovely. He wasn't. And everybody knows he wasn't. It's utter hypocrisy that we condemn people for doing what he did his whole life, treating people like shit. Talking down to people, being obnoxious, rude, racist and entitled. His family should grieve him and anybody else who is so inclined, but to try to cast him as some sort of great guy, is a joke. The country and sport should not be disrupted because of him. If anybody wants to watch him buried no worries, but plenty don't and they shouldn't be forced to either. The TV coverage the other night was a disgrace. Where are we, fucking North Korea?
Stick it on Pay Per View at a tenner a pop. See how many people pay for it.
In fact, put all royal news, weddings etc on a PPV channel so only the people who are interested have to endure it. Use whatever is raised to fund the civil list.
Defund the royal family and make them earn their keep, just like the far right demands of the BBC

In fact, put all royal news, weddings etc on a PPV channel so only the people who are interested have to endure it. Use whatever is raised to fund the civil list.
Defund the royal family and make them earn their keep, just like the far right demands of the BBC

Don't agree with all that but yes for a while put things that the establishment think the hoi - polloi want to watch on subscription for a while - some interesting information may emerge about the boat race, state opening of parliament etc etc ........

I didn't mind him and when I heard the news I thought what a shame like when anyone dies. Was he a saint or sinner? Like most somewhat in between. He was defined by his age, the era he was brought up in and his class. Like most people his environment made him good and bad. He had a sense of humour though and it made me laugh probably when I shouldn't.

Anyhow I'm working and hear the news on radio 2. Reflect and listen for a bit. Need a change so change channel same thing on 5 live. Bang on absolute radio, song playing jobs a good un until I get the dreaded message. Programmes have been changed news to follow in the meantime here's some depressing sad songs. Get home BBC 1 2 itv programmes cancelled. Total nonsense. You want the latest watch BBC 1 or itv we don't need widespread coverage for a few million viewers per channel.

Absolute nonsense if Phillip was alive he would call it all complete gash.

Last edited:
The Yanks will all pay $10 to watch it all day

If we were a republic fair enough, but as it is we are a constitutional monarchy so the state broadcaster reflects this. I appreciate the arguments to defund the bbc and disestablish the monarchy, but until those arguments have been won they have not won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.