HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

Welll if one thing has happened, it has given the poppy police something to do in their more quiet months, spotting anyone not wearing black

Operation fourth bridge does demand it though so I suppose like those moaning about the coverage yesterday, those upset at a green tie also are correct to complain as is their right.

Oh dear ... Prince of Wales wearing similar shade of blue suit with a black tie. "Express readers outraged by disrespect shown by heir to the throne."

Yep all media outlets do and they update them periodically - particularly if there is a notable even or change in someone's circumstances. I believe the first version of Bruce Forsyth's obit was a cave painting and it got updated through the ages......a carving......tapestry.......paper and finally onto film
Took me a second to twig the Brucie Bonus but I laughed out loud at it. :-)

The verdict is in: wall-to-wall TV coverage of Prince Philip's death was a turn-off for Brits, with major channels losing primetime (7pm-11pm) viewers compared with Friday, April 2.

BBC1: -6%
ITV: -60%
BBC2: -65%
C4: -8.5%
And at least 20 mins of "news" about Phil abroad in the BBC news tonight. At least it delays watching us on MotD, but I begin to wonder what real bad news the government might be quietly releasing.

And at least 20 mins of "news" about Phil abroad in the BBC news tonight. At least it delays watching us on MotD, but I begin to wonder what real bad news the government might be quietly releasing.
Greensil and more cabinet ministers involved in pushing for a bung.

Boris has declared a period of mourning until the funeral so that should hide the stories.

Who wants to be playing/following football on such a sad occasion?
He was 99. Over 125,000 people have died in a much sadder way. It's utterly over the top and pathetic. He is no better than any of them, in fact, he wasn't even a nice person. But because has Royal we pretend he was lovely. He wasn't. And everybody knows he wasn't. It's utter hypocrisy that we condemn people for doing what he did his whole life, treating people like shit. Talking down to people, being obnoxious, rude, racist and entitled. His family should grieve him and anybody else who is so inclined, but to try to cast him as some sort of great guy, is a joke. The country and sport should not be disrupted because of him. If anybody wants to watch him buried no worries, but plenty don't and they shouldn't be forced to either. The TV coverage the other night was a disgrace. Where are we, fucking North Korea?

He was 99. Over 125,000 people have died in a much sadder way. It's utterly over the top and pathetic. He is no better than any of them, in fact, he wasn't even a nice person. But because has Royal we pretend he was lovely. He wasn't. And everybody knows he wasn't. It's utter hypocrisy that we condemn people for doing what he did his whole life, treating people like shit. Talking down to people, being obnoxious, rude, racist and entitled. His family should grieve him and anybody else who is so inclined, but to try to cast him as some sort of great guy, is a joke. The country and sport should not be disrupted because of him. If anybody wants to watch him buried no worries, but plenty don't and they shouldn't be forced to either. The TV coverage the other night was a disgrace. Where are we, fucking North Korea?

only thing utterly over the top is this rant.

No. Northern Britain in the region of Scotland in your case. Get back in your box you uppity colonial ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.