HS2 - Birmingham to Manchester scrapped.

just reading about the supposed projects planned, one road project being the upgrade of the M6 between Manchester and Birmingham, my counter proposal would be just get the pathetic "smart motorway" works that they currently have on the M6 completed then cleared up and never build anything so stupid again causing congestion for 3 years, that would be a start.

Our train service is a national disgrace!
I dont travel on trains in this country but did extensively when I lived in Spain....fast, clean, cheap, punctual, conductors and sometimes buskers and entertainers...an absolute pleasure. We invented the bloody things and still cant get it right.

just reading about the supposed projects planned, one road project being the upgrade of the M6 between Manchester and Birmingham, my counter proposal would be just get the pathetic "smart motorway" works that they currently have on the M6 completed then cleared up and never build anything so stupid again causing congestion for 3 years, that would be a start.
7 years of misery putting the smart motorway in to be followed by 7 more years of misery whilst they do something else.

I think you’d have to be really naive to believe anywhere is going to actually see HS2 money.

They'll probably make a series of announcements and then cancel them 2 years later.

I think you’d have to be really naive to believe anywhere is going to actually see HS2 money.

They'll probably make a series of announcements and then cancel them 2 years later.

They won't be cancelling nowt in two year, in two years they'll be in opposition.

Last edited:
Tories just kicked the can down the road. They know very little will get started before they lose the next election. Putting in place a strategy to win the one after when they can claim Labour have renaged on all of the spending.
It's telling that London has better rail links with Northern France and parts of Belgium than it does with Manchester!

IMO You’re making the mistake of attributing to malice that which is already explained by incompetence.

The tories were denying this was even on the table yesterday, Andy Street and other senior conservatives thought nothing was happening today, Burnham found out watching the speech, the announcement is pretty clearly rushed.

There is no plan. It’s just throwing whatever they can at the wall. 15 minute cities - banned. Meat tax - ban that! HS2? Scrap it! Do you love us yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.