HS2 - Birmingham to Manchester scrapped.

Allegations. Is this the ‘Biggest fraud against the British people in history.’

Sunday Times today with a report on a multibillion-pound cover-up at HS2

As costs blew out of control senior staff allegedly shredded documents, sacked whistleblowers and used misleading projections to keep the scheme alive and the cash coming.

Allegations. Is this the ‘Biggest fraud against the British people in history.’

Sunday Times today with a report on a multibillion-pound cover-up at HS2

As costs blew out of control senior staff allegedly shredded documents, sacked whistleblowers and used misleading projections to keep the scheme alive and the cash coming.
I'd give a shit if I thought action would be taken against those responsible.

I'd give a shit if I thought action would be taken against those responsible.
The cash they have allegedly blown via cover-up (to leave a unfinished and pretty useless project)would have been sufficient to build 200 new hospitals.

In my lifetime this is potentially the largest waste of every taxpayers money on a gvmt backed civil engineering project seemingly run without any decent level of basic oversight. I find this absolutely terrifying.
Spend 15 minutes on the internet looking at the reports and interviews from people who have been trying to blow the whistle on potential shenanigans for over 5 years.
People accountable will never be questioned if folk just sit back and accept this sort of stuff.

The cash they have allegedly blown via cover-up (to leave a unfinished and pretty useless project)would have been sufficient to build 200 new hospitals.

In my lifetime this is potentially the largest waste of every taxpayers money on a gvmt backed civil engineering project seemingly run without any decent level of basic oversight. I find this absolutely terrifying.
Spend 15 minutes on the internet looking at the reports and interviews from people who have been trying to blow the whistle on potential shenanigans for over 5 years.
People accountable will never be questioned if folk just sit back and accept this sort of stuff.
It's not a matter of accepting it, it's rather that there is no accountability for wasting public money. We get a bit of ranting and raving from politicians every few years, usually about NHS or MOD wastefulness, but nothing is ever done. Actual government waste is rarely even mentioned, and money siphoned off to companies owned by Tory donors is treated by many as a bit of a laugh.
As for the 200 hospitals claim; what is this based on? I'm sure there is huge cost disparity between building something the size of the MRI and a small local hospital.

It's not a matter of accepting it, it's rather that there is no accountability for wasting public money. We get a bit of ranting and raving from politicians every few years, usually about NHS or MOD wastefulness, but nothing is ever done. Actual government waste is rarely even mentioned, and money siphoned off to companies owned by Tory donors is treated by many as a bit of a laugh.
As for the 200 hospitals claim; what is this based on? I'm sure there is huge cost disparity between building something the size of the MRI and a small local hospital.
Hi mate

The 200 new hospitals hospitals is not from me it’s referenced in the article. I agree with your view that there is rarely accountability but this sum and shenanigans (if true) is almost unprecedented and the £ is a quantum above the waste or overspend i have personally witnessed on gvmt contracts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.