HS2 - Birmingham to Manchester scrapped.

Had the local swivel eyed Plaid Cymru bod on the radio this morning ranting and raving about how you can't get from South Wales to North Wales by train without going into England....well yes dear, Wales is full of mountains and valleys, it's what makes Wales, Wales and trains dont like those geological structures, England on the otherhand is quite flat on the borders. There are also no motorways in Wales going from South to North either. Wind your fucking necks in you blinkered, short sighted idiots, you'll get paid out with a handsome rebate soon ( Allegedly ). The way your lot and Drakefords mob are handling the country no one will be coming anyway.

To be fair, I went from Paris to Milan and Milan to Geneva both on high speed trains that went through the alps. I’m not sure the Brecon Beacons should pose a more insurmountable problem.

It’s the opposite of shortsightedness too surely. If she was arguing about prioritising that then fair enough.

Euston is because of the HS2 to Birmingham leg.
I know that but its damn irritating when its marketed as being an investment in the North. The link from Brum to Euston rather than Old Oak Common will really only benefit people in the West Midlands and London not the North, the new HS2 trains dont tilt so as soon you get out of Brum its trundling along at less than 110 mph which is slower than the normal Class 390 trains on the west coast mainline.
Its about time all the spin stopped and they actually told it how it is

It amuses me that many of the dots already have been announced and have funding from elsewhere prior to northern leg of HS2 being canned. For example all the work in Derby, Chesterfield, Nottingham was already announced and part of Midland Mainline. Wellington and Cullompton, two stations in the SW have already started and are funded by the local council and a local housing developer. There are many others. Its just lies to say that they are part of this repurposed money.

I’m happy enough with two hours from Liverpool (it’s my nearest big station!) to London which is what it is at present.

£36 billion saved with every penny to be spent on "hundreds" of new infrastructure projects in the North - sorry but that £36 billion isn't going fund very much. None of them will happen anyway even if the Tories by a miracle get re-elected. Just empty rhetoric. A bit of creative accounting and suddenly the country is £36 billion richer overnight.

According to part of the report, some of the money is being spent on expanding the tram network out to Manchester Airport......

I know that but its damn irritating when its marketed as being an investment in the North. The link from Brum to Euston rather than Old Oak Common will really only benefit people in the West Midlands and London not the North, the new HS2 trains dont tilt so as soon you get out of Brum its trundling along at less than 110 mph which is slower than the normal Class 390 trains on the west coast mainline.
Its about time all the spin stopped and they actually told it how it is

It amuses me that many of the dots already have been announced and have funding from elsewhere prior to northern leg of HS2 being canned. For example all the work in Derby, Chesterfield, Nottingham was already announced and part of Midland Mainline. Wellington and Cullompton, two stations in the SW have already started and are funded by the local council and a local housing developer. There are many others. Its just lies to say that they are part of this repurposed money.
Good points and you're right it’s all spin and shit. Another good question would be let’s now see the profile of cash that will be committed and released by year?
I would be willing to bet that Manchester and all points East, North and West will see bugger all before the next election.
Maybe that’s what the twats have meant all along when they have repeated there are spades ON the ground. Yes coz the workforce has been laid off.
Good luck with the compensation claims.

I was in London for a Hawkwind gig at the Royal Albert Hall last Friday night.

The difference in what we have to put up with and that shower is night and day.

Not a single pothole to be seen in and around London Euston, an utter disgrace, they are a shower of shite.

Unfortunately the next lot will be just as bad, everything is London centric.

I was in London for a Hawkwind gig at the Royal Albert Hall last Friday night.

The difference in what we have to put up with and that shower is night and day.

Not a single pothole to be seen in and around London Euston, an utter disgrace, they are a shower of shite.

Unfortunately the next lot will be just as bad, everything is London centric.
Wait till Parliament announce that the Houses of Parliament refurb will cost c£15b (2022 figures). All Parties are lying very low on this one. It’s under cross Party consideration and another giant land mine for the next elected gvmt.
They could move the whole clown show up North to Birmingham and show that they are serious about levelling up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.