HS2 - Birmingham to Manchester scrapped.

Scarlett Johansson is currently in the utility doing my ironing in nowt but that gorgeous 09/10 umbro top.

Oh hang on that's just made up bollocks.

A bit like this bizarre idea that the conservatives are more competent with the economy than Labour. There is absolutely no evidence to support it. It's a complicated subect at the best of times and the reality is historically there's not huge quantative differences between the macro economic performance of the two main parties.

As for individual historical economic events they are rarely the exclusive result of the policy approach of the incumbent government. For example it takes about half an hour to understand that something like Callaghan having to go to the IMF in '76 had it's roots in a variety of things not least of which was the previous Heath administration. Arguably if you want to play the blame game there's more instances of Conservative administrations shooting themselves in the foot economically than Labour both long term and short term. I think this is partly because Conservative governments since the 80s have been driven by ideology rather than prudence.

Someone should do a PhD into why the British public persist in buying into this bollocks. I suspect the answer is a preparedness to accept inappropriate analogies, a lack of curiosity and our good old friends the fourth estate.

Well I for one am glad that in their post HS2 planning they intend to extend the Manchester metrolink to the airport and build Nottingham a tram system…

Oh hang on…
I'm sure their defenders will soon be on to clear up the misunderstanding. It can't possibly be pure stupidity mixed up with lies and a lack of interest. Can it?

I'm on a trip to Finland in January. I'm traveling by train in a sleeper cabin from Helsinki to Kemijarvi. The 14hr journey costs just 70 euros.

A word of advice: don't take a Dutch car with you. I did the same trip nearly 40 years ago and in arriving in Helsinki on the ferry, we were strip-searched and the car pretty much taken apart. Seats out and everything. Finally took the car up on the same sleeper train as you will, I imagine, to Rovaniemi. Obligatory crossing of the Arctic circle, then back down through Sweden, Denmark and Germany. Great trip. Two useful things I did learn though. Two beers in Finnish is "kaksi olutta" and if you go in a bar and want a girl to dance with you, you just go up and tap them on the shoulder. Of course, that was a long time ago, so you may just get slapped now. Good luck :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.