Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of kids is nonsense imo,our b team made up of internationals and experience couldn't get the result the first time so kids who never play with the team are not going to make the difference,strong team and don't assume we are going to rack up a cricket score and bring 3 more kids on

I dislike these arguments. It's a similar principle to having a brand new Lamborghini in the garage and refusing to drive it in case it gets a scratch. It's also a full, circular, paradox... You want David Silva to play more because he's better than Delph (for example) > If you play David Silva he might get injured > To stop David Silva getting injured let's play Delph > City play worse than they would have if Silva would have played > Back to square 1.

Play your BEST XI for EVERY game, if someone gets injured or suffers a drop in form, replace them with squad players. We shouldn't have a cup team and a league team, we have one team which is highly competitive and if you're not good enough you're not in it!

Come on now, that's nice and all but no manager operates on this level. If you can go to Tesco in your Fiesta then why take the Lamborghini? Maybe not a good analogy on the whole, but having David Silva play in a game David Silva doesn't need to play in for City to win, then get injured and miss games he does need to play in for City to win, is folly. This is why we have a deep squad.

All that aside, I agree that we should have a near-complete lineup today, but to say that Pep should be handcuffed into playing his best XI against every single team is silly.

Hi just thought I'd have a look on your forum regarding the crowd,we sold 7,100 as of 10am today,will it make 45,000.Hope your finishing is not as good as Monaco game.Think most people here are expecting a good showing from us but ultimately to lose by a couple of goals.We will proabably start with a similar team as last time with maybe 2 who will start on Saturday against Newcastle,which is more important for obvious reasons.
Good luck.

Welcome.

Our squad have had an unprecedented mid season rest due to the derby being postponed. We have heavy fixtures coming up though – assuming we get passed Monaco.

Even though the players are rested Pep is an unabashed tinkerer and rotator of players so It is very hard to call. The best front 3 are easy to call (Sane, Aguero, Sterling), same in Midfield (Silva, Yaya, KDB) and I would hope they all start but the back 4 and keeper could be anything.

Hope you have a good day out but ultimately lose 10 -1 again :0

Massive week for Huddersfield. FA Cup last 16 and a game against Newcastle. If they win, then they are right in the hunt for an automatic spot. If they lose, then it will be difficult for them to finish above Newcastle or Brighton. They've done very well to compete with traditionally bigger clubs. Suggests they've either got a very good group of players, or they have a good manager. I'd go for the latter. Sometimes a team can just go on a fantastic run with momentum buildiing eg Hull, and Phul Brown and Palace and pardew.

However good they are, if we have the right attitude we should more than likely win comfortably. I am really looking forward to see City play again after that Monaco game, and I reckon it will be fantastic atmosphere too, even if it is all coming from Huddersfield.

Just one niggle with this post, if I may; no way on this planet are Brighton "traditionally" a bigger club than Udders despite the fact that they pull in considerably more since the move to their shiny new ground.
Other than that.. crack on.

Fantastic turnout from Huddersfield. Very impressive seeing as their bigger game is Newcastle at the weekend.

Not many tickets left online.

Hi just thought I'd have a look on your forum regarding the crowd,we sold 7,100 as of 10am today,will it make 45,000.Hope your finishing is not as good as Monaco game.Think most people here are expecting a good showing from us but ultimately to lose by a couple of goals.We will proabably start with a similar team as last time with maybe 2 who will start on Saturday against Newcastle,which is more important for obvious reasons.
Good luck.

7,100 is a good showing but I would expect it really in spite of the game being on live TV. A chance to probably go to a new ground, a top premier team and just down the road too,add a possible giant killing into the mix and it is an attractive proposition. How many tickets were you allocated?

I know promotion is your main aim but get a result tonight and beat Boro, which would be feasible and you get a day out at Wembley. I hope you enjoy the game and our rainy City but of course lose.

Play your BEST XI for EVERY game, if someone gets injured or suffers a drop in form, replace them with squad players. We shouldn't have a cup team and a league team, we have one team which is highly competitive and if you're not good enough you're not in it!
Complete horse dung.

As many have said, strongest team to start the game and wrap it up by 60 mins.

Bring on Aleix Garcia, Adarabioyo and, hopefully, one of Brahim or Sancho for a taste of first team football (although I imagine Iheanacho would appreciate the minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.