Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a really decent chance of getting to wembley by drawing Boro...lets play a strong side tonight, get the job done and bring on a couple of youngsters 2nd half.

I believe we should just concentrate on getting the game won, these are professional footballers and trained
to do a job, play the strongest team and lets progress, we all know even if we beat Middlesborough we have
a tough semi final regardless. Best chance of a trophy I believe.

True, but as far as the club are concerned, winning the FA Cup comes a long, long way behind finishing in the Top 4. Its also a much lower priority these days than progressing to the latter stages of the CL, even if we dont win that competition.

1. Injury-risk. Losing a player like Silva for any length of time would be devastating.

I dislike these arguments. It's a similar principle to having a brand new Lamborghini in the garage and refusing to drive it in case it gets a scratch. It's also a full, circular, paradox... You want David Silva to play more because he's better than Delph (for example) > If you play David Silva he might get injured > To stop David Silva getting injured let's play Delph > City play worse than they would have if Silva would have played > Back to square 1.

Play your BEST XI for EVERY game, if someone gets injured or suffers a drop in form, replace them with squad players. We shouldn't have a cup team and a league team, we have one team which is highly competitive and if you're not good enough you're not in it!

True, but as far as the club are concerned, winning the FA Cup comes a long, long way behind finishing in the Top 4. Its also a much lower priority these days than progressing to the latter stages of the CL, even if we dont win that competition.
Call me a happy clapper but I'm pretty confident we'll finish top 4 regardless of the team we play tonight, unless eight of our players sustain horrific injuries in a billboard accident at half-time.

Bravo (if he must)
Zabaleta, Stones, Kolorov, Sagna
Yaya
Sterling Silva Sané Sancho
Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Otamendi, Fernandinho, KDB, Garcia, Diaz, Iheanacho

Start strong but with 1 kid. I'd go with Sancho who has a relatively simple job to do on the wing. Start Aguero just to keep him ticking over but replace him with Iheanacho about an hour in. And bring on Garcia and Diaz too if things are going well.

I know this is not going to happen but it'd be nice to see the younger lads start integrating in.

Our weakened line-up wasn't strong enough in the first tie, against a team that also rested their best eleven and had a big game a couple days later.

Strongest possible line-up, get the game won in the first hour and then get Silva, KDB and Sergio off the pitch.

Otherwise, we could have our pants pulled down by a team roared on by 7,000 fans, and a nationwide broadcasting.

Ruin it for those twots at the BBC. Let them offer feint praise.

Win it 10-0, without mercy, and then show 'em the door.

Hi just thought I'd have a look on your forum regarding the crowd,we sold 7,100 as of 10am today,will it make 45,000.Hope your finishing is not as good as Monaco game.Think most people here are expecting a good showing from us but ultimately to lose by a couple of goals.We will proabably start with a similar team as last time with maybe 2 who will start on Saturday against Newcastle,which is more important for obvious reasons.
Good luck.

Look what happened to dippers when klopp played to many squad players against a fairly average championship side. We are playing a good side, who are on crest of a wave, to play a weakened team may prove disastrous, go for it with first team, we get a good lead, then use subs, think this is only realistic chance a trophy this year. We do not want years of top four with nowt else, like Arsoles;-)

I expect a strong team from Pep, we've had a break and having seen what happens to Liverpool after an extended break I would wannt to see the A team playing to keep them sharp for Sunderland.

some youth team players in the 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.