Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some merit in giving some fringe players game time as it keeps the competition going in the squad. The key is not too much. Whenever you see 4 or 5 non regular starters come into a team you see a marked deterioration. I’d play the best with 2 exceptions. Garcia in for Silva, Nacho in on the left for Sane.

That is 2 academy players in to our best 11. I’d bring Aguero off ASAP with Nacho already on to go up top and Sancho in off the bench. I’d have Diaz on the bench as well.

Some rotation is important, but I think we'll see much less than in the first leg. With that in mind, I'd look at something like this:
Bravo
Zabaleta Toisin Kolarov Clichy
Garcia Fernando
Sterling KDB Sane
Kelechi

Much of the squad players are rotatable, possibly with the exception of Kelechi who should get a chance tonight. IMO at least two of Sterling/KDB/Silva/Sane/Aguero need to play and we should be looking to put the game to bed early to avoid the "magic of the cup" bollocks and let some of our bigger names be taken off early in the second half.
Could be a long grind. HTFC work very hard and have not been beaten for a long time. getting it won early on, and taking players off is an ideal situation.

Don't think we have to go with our strongest squad tonight but let's make sure we're strong enough because if we don't get a goal early no doubt Huddersfield will gain more confidence as the game goes on and we don't want any shocks tonight.

I believe we should just concentrate on getting the game won, these are professional footballers and trained
to do a job, play the strongest team and lets progress, we all know even if we beat Middlesborough we have
a tough semi final regardless. Best chance of a trophy I believe.

For me we go with pretty much our strongest side. Then if we can make earlyish changes to bring people off. Last thing we need is either losing this tonight or extra time and pens.

We are gaining good momentum at the moment and it's important we keep it. Great chance of a wembley visit and a trophy so we need to go all out for this.

Could be a long grind. HTFC work very hard and have not been beaten for a long time. getting it won early on, and taking players off is an ideal situation.

Agreed. Honestly, like many here, I'd be tempted to play a full strength side from the off but for two main factors:
1. Injury-risk. Losing a player like Silva for any length of time would be devastating.
2. Some of the youngsters (and Bravo) need the game time for morale and should, in theory, have a point to prove.

I have no doubt this will be a tougher game than Boro, but I think we'll get through in the end.

we all know even if we beat Middlesborough we have
a tough semi final regardless.

Semi-final draw:
United vs Lincoln City (Live on TV)
Spurs vs Manchester City (Highlights on MoTD)

Almost certainly.

its a big game for me first team get the job done and then take off players we had a good rest and need to get back into match fitness we will fine it hard for the first 20mins they will come at us and don't be fooled into thinking they will just turn up and let us kick there arss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.