Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I wouldn't want the likes of Navas/Delph anywhere near a first 11 today.

First team or not, I think they've had ample opportunity to prove themselves, and have not taken any. I'd rather give Garcia an opportunity.

But I have to say it looks like the club had picked the league cup as a platform for the youngsters. Don't think they anticipated meeting the scum when we did.

The trouble is that when we play the fringe players Pep understandably feels the need to keep some of the big guns on the bench just in case. So the youngsters dont make the 18. Hopefully in a year or two players such as Diaz, Garcia, Foden, Maffeo, Sancho etc will have matured enough to replace the current fringe players.

I really don't see why Aleix or Tosin can't start. If our first choice team with 1 of those dropped in can't beat Huddersfield we might as well pack it in.

They've been with the squad all season, they are quality young players. We're at home. They are missing their best player. Huddersfield have to focus on the biggest game of their season so far on Saturday vs. Newcastle, and will almost definitely rest their first team.

If this isn't a scenario where 1 can make the team then I don't know when any kid will ever come in.

I agree. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Garcia must be in line as he's spending the most time with the first team. His passing would be massively welcomed by Sterling/Sane and would allow us to rest one of KDB or Silva.

All i need is city to win and both teams to score and i win £1100 on my acca. Come on city! (and come on huddersfield a little bit..score one please!)

I expect it to be the usual, start a weakened side and then when there's nothing happening bring on the big guns to try and sort the mess out. Delph Should be nowhere near the club never mind the starting 11, Navas time has come and gone, if there has to be changes made then for god sake give some of the young players a chance, at least they may have a future here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.