Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo
Zaba Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Sterling Delph Fernando Silva Nolito
Iheanacho.

Get the game won relatively early and hopefully give the likes of Silva and Sterling an early rest.

The lesson from last game with Huddersfield is that 3 defensive midfielders does not work

We took a big gamble with Aguero starting. I'd rest Aguero because we can't afford to see him injured

------------------Bravo
--Zabaleta---Stones--Kolarov--Clichy
----------------Fernando
---Sane----Delph---Silva--Sterling
---------------Iheanacho

KDB, Aguero, Navas, on the bench

Yes, exactly. We can always bring Aguero on sometime in the second half. Silva or KDB need to start. Lets get a few goals in and then take off the stars in the 2nd half. Would be nice to see Kelechi score.

Think one of KDB or Silva should rest for this, but a half and half game for them wouldn't be bad. Play Kelechi up front, I'd probably rest Yaya as well. Get Bravo and Vinny in there. May as well put an XI at this point:

Bravo, Zabaleta, Kompany, Stones, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph, Silva, Sterling, Nolito, Kelechi.
Bench of Gunn, Otamendi, Sagna, Fernandinho, Brahim, Navas, Aguero.

At times during the Monaco game I remember thinking 'If we didn't have Aguero then Iheanacho would be perfect for this match'. Hope he gets at least half an hour.
Before he disappeared from the scene, I thought Kelechi's play with Sterling was excellent - they seemed to be forming a great partnership. I think if he had the same rapport with Sane, they could make a very impressive front three.

Thanks for the kind words, and yes you're right. This game comes in the middle of three huge games - Reading last night, Barnsley on Sat'di, Newcastle next Sat'di (if we're being honest its more than three, we've been 3 games a week for a few weeks now, and are going to be for the foreseeable).

Therefore, expect to see the same starting 11 that we played against you last time. They deserve it, I thought it was a really impressive performance, to say that every single one is 2nd choice in his position. Like last time, this is a free one for us. An opportunity to play against one of the best teams in Europe in one of the best stadiums in Europe.

...and in answer to your question - Premier League. We have the best chairman in the leagues in Dean Hoyle at Town, who, if we did by some miracle get up, would use the money to create a platform. That said, we'd probably increase our transfer record a little bit (currently at £1.8m for Chris Schindler) :D

Well done on your season so far.
Very impressed with Huddersfield this season. Hope you get promotion and we see you next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.