"Huge transfer news" at 1:20am (Sneijder to Spurs)

Re: "Huge transfer news" at 1:20am

mat said:
Ray78 said:
A very good signing for Spurs.

I agree.

Piss the rags off as well.

I don't think it pisses them a lot at this moment tbh. If it happened 2 years ago, then yes, it would.

But it wouldn't be good thing for them to buy Sneijder now as it would slow Cleverley's development. If they didn't do it when he was not ready waiting for him to be, there's no point now when they can use him.

So after signing VDV for 8m, now they are willing to buy Sneijder for the same amount ?

How about his high wages that Spurs can not afford !

It seems a very good deal for Spurs.

Liverpool and Arsenal are stupid not to try to buy him.

citytill1die84 said:
LoveCity said:
Wow, Sneijder close to Spurs.

2/3 years ago I'd of been bothered but he's on to much money and is badly injury prone.

So was van der varrt. Injury prone, massive ego and caused problems in dressing roon.
They got 2 decent seasons and sold him on for A profit i recall.

Not bad if they get him and revive his form like they did with van der vaart.

MSP said:
mat said:
Ray78 said:

I agree.

I don't think it pisses them a lot at this moment tbh. If it happened 2 years ago, then yes, it would.

But it wouldn't be good thing for them to buy Sneijder now as it would slow Cleverley's development. If they didn't do it when he was not ready waiting for him to be, there's no point now when they can use him.

You are making it sound like Cleverly is developing into a a world class ACM! Sneijder is on a completely different level to what Cleverly ever will be. Cleverly could improve dramatically in the next few years and still wont be world class. If Cleverly was a potentially world class talent, then I could see why bringing in Sneijder could be a problem, but he aint. Aside from that they have just bought Kagawa, so won't be looking at Sneijder.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:04 pm --<br /><br />Spurs miss VDV very badly. He was so important for them and such a great signing. Going from someone of his quality to Dempsey is a massive drop down. Modric was a big loss, but at least they replaced him with Dembele who is top class. Sneijder will fill the hole left by VDV. With the return of Kaboul and BAE, meaning Vertonghen can move to CB, Spurs will suddenly be very strong.

Haha, I knew I'd get a comment like that tbh.

No, I'm not making it sound like that and Sneijder is certainly better player but with all jokes about Zinedine and usual overrating of any rag players that can hit the ball and run, Cleverley is fine young player who can do a sort of business with players he has around himself.

He might not finish as good as Sneijder but it's not always about getting a player who is better than one you have, sometimes you want to get most of the young player you already have rather then getting one better (but aging and in downfall) for big money difference.

I guess they've picked that route with their midfield problem and if they waited so long without buying one top player there, I can't see much logic to change it now when he is ready to play for them.

MSP said:
mat said:
Ray78 said:

I agree.

zaidan will not or even come close to scholes or sjnider in terms of skill, awareness, and general play. That clown is getting sussed out being overrated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.