Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

City Raider said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Strong is one's thing, but leaving him waiting for over an hour? That's just bad mannered and arrogant. The bloke actually said it was 2 hours but I reduced it to allow for the exaggeration factor..

I'd have left him there all day, if he put as much effort on the pitch as he did moaning he'd be alright.[/quote

what he said!

Didsbury Dave said:
Then he said to Elano "I'll see you in my office now" in front of everyone. Then he made him wait outside his office for over an hour.
FFS. I was against Elano blabbing to the media, but that is ridiculous. That is how you deal with a naughty boy at school if you are the head master. It is NOT how you deal with a talented yet disillusioned international footballer.

This is extremely bad man-management and to those who think it's great that we now have a strong manager, that style will get you absolutely nowhere in modern football. Even Taggart knows when to put an arm around one of his players to put out a fire.

Bovril said:
Spot on Dubai, that kind of management was left behind years ago has he ever heard of Marslow ???

I strongly suspect he thinks Marslow is a small town near Reading

rolleyes.gif
Send three and fourpence we're going to a dance.

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Elano is a disruptive influence within the club, always dicking around in training, mimicking the manager, childish stuff like that. There's obviously a personality clash between Elano and Hughes. If the 2 hours story is true, it is arrogant but I imagine he feels the need to put Elano in his place. I'd be very surprised if Elano was still here next summer.

Ric said:
I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Elano is a disruptive influence within the club, always dicking around in training, mimicking the manager, childish stuff like that. There's obviously a personality clash between Elano and Hughes. If the 2 hours story is true, it is arrogant but I imagine he feels the need to put Elano in his place. I'd be very surprised if Elano was still here next summer.

If he is as you say, I'd get rid of him now. That's not acceptable.

BigG said:
yeah but baconface has also bombed out those who threaten the the stability of the dressing room, e.g stam, becks, horsey face
Agreed. But he has a softer side that many of his players have talked about. i.e. the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc describing him as a father figure and someone they could go to with their problems. Hughes MUST develop this side to his management style.

Even when Tranny booted the ball out the other day and just walked off the pitch down the tunnel, Ferguson didn't lose it, cos he knows it's not worth alienating one of his important players.

And if it was Ferguson dealing with the Elano case, he'd have just dropped him down to the reserves and sold him at the very first opportunity he got. There would have been no public humiliation in front of other members of staff.

He deals with problems swiftly and nips them in the bud. Hughes's reaction just made a bad situation even worse and will have left lingering bitterness between them. Bad management all round.

BigG said:
yeah but baconface has also bombed out those who threaten the the stability of the dressing room, e.g stam, becks, horsey face

Absolutely spot on, and he started it when he first arrived with McGrath and Whiteside - they were top players, but bad for the dressing room - gone. In an instant, players know they can't fuck with the guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.