Hughes and his status, from an "insider"

Thanks for posting this DD. From what I've read of your posts I would not have you down as a WUM.

I tend to agree with Dubia Blue - in fact his first post was word for word what I would have written. If a manager had said that to me, to undermine me in front of colleagues, I would not be happy and would lethim/her know. That said the correct way would be to get him in and bollock him so he knows where he stands. No need for humiliation though.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
As an addition to this, my Dad said there was an amazing call to GMR after the game on Saturday. It was someone purporting to be the father of one of the young players. He obviously didn't give his name.

My Dad said that he claimed all the young players are terrified of Hughes and his management style is very confrontational.

Did anyone hear this?
i did, think he said the young players were scared of him and the seasoned pros didnt want to play for him

I heard that too but it didn't sink into much

City Raider said:
BigG said:
yeah but baconface has also bombed out those who threaten the the stability of the dressing room, e.g stam, becks, horsey face

Absolutely spot on, and he started it when he first arrived with McGrath and Whiteside - they were top players, but bad for the dressing room - gone. In an instant, players know they can't fuck with the guy.

Don't you think this is exactly what Hughes is doing? He hasn't had a chance to get rid of him yet?

Ric said:
I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Elano is a disruptive influence within the club, always dicking around in training, mimicking the manager, childish stuff like that. There's obviously a personality clash between Elano and Hughes. If the 2 hours story is true, it is arrogant but I imagine he feels the need to put Elano in his place. I'd be very surprised if Elano was still here next summer.

Then ship him out if thats the case. No one would have a problem with that. The (alleged) making him wait bit is just as moronic as Elanos (alleged) behavour.

Having said that Elano mimicking Hughes would be funny :) Does he do Hughes on tactics?

"Now see here boyo just boot the bloody ball as far as you can"

Didsbury Dave said:
simon23 said:
more bullshit rumours from someone who knows somone itk (supposedly).!!!!!!!

posted for the following reasons:

to unsettle the fans and turn them futher against MH - ie doesnt have a good relationship with certain players and no man management skills (leaving a player to wait for an hour......as if!!!!)

to stoke up more hatred against players (ie elano by dredging up something that happened nearly a month ago!!)

to have a pop at Garry Cook - ie its he who is keeping MH in a job. MH was Garry Cooks appointment etc

these people arent fans......they are attention seekers trying to undermine the club!!!!

Who decreed you king of the internet and lord of all uber-Blues?

It's posted because it was told to me. If you don't like it, tough.

im not questioning you...im questioning your source and if you dont like that well thats just tough as well.....we should be supporting the players and the management.

These constant rumours are unstablising the club...its there for all to see....at the game vs everton the crowd were edgy and that affects the players......

the people who are constantly spouting these rumours are as bad as the media....and they are thriving on all of this.

If it was facts then fair enough....but its not and the bit about leaving elano to wait for an hour outside his office.....Come on please!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problems with giving Elano a bollocking, but belittling him in front of teammates and making him wait for an hour (or more) outside his office is the actions of a cock.

If it's true you can imagine that a lot of players, particularly those close to Elano would have lost a lot of respect for Hughes.

It comes down to mutual respect though Moomba. If you were messing around in training and undermining the manager, then surely you'd accept that you are going to get punished and the mind games of making him wait and wonder the consequences of his actions are quite clever really. It puts him in his place automatically without a word being spoken.

BobKowalski said:
Ric said:
I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Elano is a disruptive influence within the club, always dicking around in training, mimicking the manager, childish stuff like that. There's obviously a personality clash between Elano and Hughes. If the 2 hours story is true, it is arrogant but I imagine he feels the need to put Elano in his place. I'd be very surprised if Elano was still here next summer.

Then ship him out if thats the case. No one would have a problem with that. The (alleged) making him wait bit is just as moronic as Elanos (alleged) behavour.

Having said that Elano mimicking Hughes would be funny :) Does he do Hughes on tactics?

"Now see here boyo just boot the bloody ball as far as you can"
LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.