Hughes has to go...

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Cheltblue said:
Chelsea have lost 2 and they are top.

Dont get the point posters make that losing 1 game is such a fantastic thing. If we draw every game between now and end of season we will still have only lost 1 game, but be very much lower half of the table.
A few years ago the Arsenal invincibles drew 12 games and won the league! Our aim is top 6 so I don't think drawing a few games is such a bad thing.

I get your point, but i doubt they drew 5 on the row, 4 against bottom half clubs or gave consistent shite performances that we have since half-time at the swamp. i am far more bothered about our regressing performances than i am about the 5 draws.

mancmackem said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
My worst fear is that if this slide in form and abject performances continue,our owners might just see the "project" as a pointless exercise and a waste of their money.Hughes bought only players with premiership experience and wasn't prepared to gamble.Some posters are saying "name a manager who could do better".I am asking what gives you so much confidence in the man to suggest he can bring us success.Don't give me "give the team time to gel" bollocks.A centre-back shouldn't need to be told how to play centre-back.

I think we are all still learning, as fans, as a club, as a manager, as a tea lady. Hughes has made some mistakes, the wingers point today an example. Also, where he has laid out defensive formations at home against weaker teams. The players and club also, who did not learn from the previous two results against Fulham at home in past seasons. The tea lady i hear is still using budget Asda teabags from the Swales era, you would have thought with the money in the coffers they would have gone upto PG Tips pyramid bags by now.

I'm happy to sit on it until the end of this season. I think after 2 years, the players brought in and the fact they are proven premiership players would have had enough time to bed in and if it still isn't working, then it stops at the manager i'm afraid. I think changing anything now, or in the next month, won't get us anywhere. But that's just my opinion.
I asked earlier "what gives Hughes supporters such confidence in him to suggest that he can deliver the goods"?

MCRJON said:
The money's gone to a lot of the fans heads it seems, the target for this season was/is top 6, which we currently are with a game in hand + we're the only team to have lost only one game (which shouldn't have been a loss) and we're in the quarter finals of the Carling Cup. We had a good start to the season and clueless muppet fans got giddy, "we're gonna win the league", and all that bollocks.

He's finally got his side together and it still needs time to gel, we've had loads of injuries so far which has meant a lot of chopping and changing and we've improved on nearly every result from last year. This is our bad patch and we're still getting points so open your eyes and see what actually is happening, get behind the team and the manager.

Im sorry, weve beat Palace, Fulhams Reserves in Extra Time and Scunthorpe in the cup - of course were in the 1/4 finals.

What makes you think this team is going to Gel? What possible indication from the last 49 league game makes you think he is going to get it right?

Were having our bad patch? once again i repeat. Played 11, 8 against bottom half teams!!
Last year we got knocked out of both cups by Brighton and Notts Forest, not to mention Oldham, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Sheffield United and others in the last few years so that is an improvement.

Last season he had players who didn't want to play for him like Elano and Jo, he also had to choose from shite like Fernandes, Garrido, Benjani, Vassell, etc... He's now got the team he wants and we have to give them time to gel, not just 11 games.

We might have played some of the lower sides but we're still improving on results from last season.

Blackburn (A) – drew last season, won this season – improved.
Portsmouth (A) – lost last season, won this season – improved.
Arsenal (H) – won last season, won this season – same.
Scum (A) – lost last season, lost this season – same.
West Ham (H) – won last season, won this season – same.
Villa (A) – lost last season, drew this season – improved.
Wigan (A) – lost last season, drew this season – improved.
Fulham (H) – lost last season, drew this season – improved.

What worries me as a fan is how come very good players who were in the England team 6 months ago now luck very average, swp very poor again today, (although better second half) Bridge poor, Lescott (very poor) and even Barry ...... now all these players would struggle to get in the England Squad. It has to be down to Training because thet can't all lose form at the same time!!!!!!! or can they? Also Tevez and Ade just is'nt working .... play Bellers up front and drop one of the others.... God we need Robbie back!!!

anymore than 2sheiks said:
mancmackem said:
I asked earlier "what gives Hughes supporters such confidence in him to suggest that he can deliver the goods"?

The Arsenal result.
More professional outfit on the training ground and other areas of the club than under Sven.
Tough team to beat at least, although we cannot seem to win for toffee on the same flip of the coin.
Solid league position.

Not much to go off but i have to say that i'm not the biggest Hughes fan. I'm giving him until the end of the season to prove the points that are important to me as a fan in my above posts. I can see why people want rid though with some of the negatives outlined all over the boards, but i just see it as a bad time for him to go.

MCRJON said:
Im sorry, weve beat Palace, Fulhams Reserves in Extra Time and Scunthorpe in the cup - of course were in the 1/4 finals.

What makes you think this team is going to Gel? What possible indication from the last 49 league game makes you think he is going to get it right?

Were having our bad patch? once again i repeat. Played 11, 8 against bottom half teams!!
Last year we got knocked out of both cups by Brighton and Notts Forest, not to mention Oldham, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Sheffield United and others in the last few years so that is an improvement.

Last season he had players who didn't want to play for him like Elano and Jo, he also had to choose from shite like Fernandes, Garrido, Benjani, Vassell, etc... He's now got the team he wants and we have to give them time to gel, not just 11 games.

We might have played some of the lower sides but we're still improving on results from last season.

Blackburn (A) – drew last season, won this season – improved.
Portsmouth (A) – lost last season, won this season – improved.
Arsenal (H) – won last season, won this season – same.
Scum (A) – lost last season, lost this season – same.
West Ham (H) – won last season, won this season – same.
Villa (A) – lost last season, drew this season – improved.
Wigan (A) – lost last season, drew this season – improved.
Fulham (H) – lost last season, drew this season – improved.

We were crap last season as well? How long do the excuses go on for, as for the past..

A Turkey wakes up on one day to a knock on his pen, he walks out and the farmer feeds him, same thing happens the next day. This goes on for almost a year when one day he sticks his head out and the farmer strangles him and eats him for Christmas day dinner.

My point being, past results have nothing to do with this season. We picked up 10 points away last seasonso most results away from home are going to be an improvement, and Fulham at home was embarssing last season as well.

Mark Hughes is not up to the task, stop hoping he will succeed and looking for excuses.

Although, it probably is all Elano and Jo's fault....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.