Hughes: "My teams have always been stronger in the New Year"

The Fat el Hombre

Reminds me of a couple of years ago. Bad, bad times. They're supposedly giving him £10 mill to spend in jan, which he wants to spend on crocky (fingers crossed)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6579682,00.html
Fulham manager Mark Hughes insists his side will push on stronger during the second half of the season.

The Cottagers have only managed two wins in 17 games to leave them in trouble at the wrong end of the Premier League table.

Hughes has been unable to make major changes to the side he inherited from Roy Hodgson but is expected to put his own stamp on the team during the January transfer window.

The former Blackburn and Manchester City boss is confident his men have the ability to push on after the New Year and move away from the relegation zone.

"My teams have always been stronger in the New Year," he said.

"Obviously there's a sense of frustration because we haven't had the reward our performances deserve.

"But I prepare them to be stronger in the second half of the season and I can take comfort from that."

Fulham's next outing in the league is an away trip to Anfield where they take on Liverpool on Saturday.

I dont mean to be picky Mr Hughes but RSC was last priced at £18m and has only added minimal additional miles on his clock.

So £10m is making an assumption dont you think?

fbloke said:
I dont mean to be picky Mr Hughes but RSC was last priced at £18m and has only added minimal additional miles on his clock.

So £10m is making an assumption dont you think?

I doubt they'll offer £10 mill. I still think our best bet is to bin him off to Wolfsburg as part of the Dzeko dealm if that comes to fruition. Anything less than £5 mill would seem daft but we'll be lucky to get anything over that figure

Nice timing releasing this statement in the week fat sam got the boot. Seems like a plea to hold on to his job a little longer.

To be fair to him he's right, last season his team was stronger in the new year!

;-)

Roy got that team to a uefa cup final. that article makes them sound like a bunch of cast-offs lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.