Hughes: "My teams have always been stronger in the New Year"

LOL

Hes doing to Fulham what he did to city but with no where near as good players. Cant win away. Too many draws. Losing / drawing with shit sides they should be beating - especially at home. Cant keep a clean sheet.

Basically he put us back 2 seasons with his shit tactics and some terrible signings. He was given the world at city more than pretty much any manager in English football history and still totally fucked it up.

That Fulham side finished 8th last season and was getting to cup finals. Hes basically taking them down at the moment. Still you get some idiots on here saying we should have stuck with him !

He's better hope they are otherwise it's the Championship if one of the teams below has a run of form.

Another interesting stat when taking about Fulham - after 17 games under Hodgson last season they had 26 points. This season Liverpool have 22 after 17 games.

RSC could well be worth a £10 million gamble by Mark Hughes ....... the player reckons he's fitter now than he ever was (not that we've seen much of it!) , and i remain convinced that there are still plenty of goals left in Santa Cruz , if a club like Fulham could provide him with the right kind of service .

To be honest i doubt whether City would even ask that much for him .... they'd probably only ask for around £8 million or so , so Hughes would probably have a bit of change left over if he takes the chance.

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He gives them duff tactical advice and tells them to take it easy in the games before Christmas, and only start giving 100% once January is here.

So the blind panic response from our expensively assembled defence to any ball aimlessly lumped into our box was only a pre-christmas thing? Maybe he would have won the league last season after all.

I reckon so. He simply told them that under no circumstances should they get closer than 3 feet to the opposition when we face a corner.

Facing a relegation battles hones the battle instincts, so it's imprtant psycologically.

Prestwich_Blue said:
He's better hope they are otherwise it's the Championship if one of the teams below has a run of form.

Another interesting stat when taking about Fulham - after 17 games under Hodgson last season they had 26 points. This season Liverpool have 22 after 17 games.
Are you suggesting that some people have looked at a cow in a field and thought it was better than their cow?

Apparently Benfica have offered us £8 million for RSC and Wolfsberg are interested in him as part of the Dezko deal. So hopefully he will be gone soon. Its not hes a bad player more he has been injured for 75% of his career.

Honestly I still think RSC is a much better player than Jo the problem is the club want rid and he is happy to sit in the resreves drawing £80k a week. He doesnt want to move from his cushy life in Bowdon.

lee-mcfc said:
liverpool vs fulham

come on fulham...
It's just a shame that liverpool look like they're out of the running to buy that fullback called Fanni.The jokes would have written themselves.

Didsbury Dave said:
As we get into next year and results don't improve, he'll start with his old "The club was in a real state when I joined" line. In summer it will be "I need to get my own players in". By this time next year he'll be blaming the chairman for his "unfair" sacking.

I'm waiting for him to mention that fulham "need more leaders in the team"

Wow, Hughesy's become a parody of himself. What a plonker.

But obviously, Fulham will be more dynamic after Christmas and ask more questions of the opposition...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.