Hughes: "My teams have always been stronger in the New Year"

"But I prepare them to be stronger in the second half of the season and I can take comfort from that."
PMSL at the stupid twat trying to make it sound deliberate ploy rather than a pathetic excuse for a shit start to the season. If you can pick and choose when the side are going to perform then surely you'd go for the full season or, failing that, get them to perform the first half in the hope they don't fall away.

I can't believe anybody seriously thought we'd get anywhere close to our club's aims with this joker in charge.

As we get into next year and results don't improve, he'll start with his old "The club was in a real state when I joined" line. In summer it will be "I need to get my own players in". By this time next year he'll be blaming the chairman for his "unfair" sacking.

Is there a reason why he only prepares his teams to be strong in one half of the season? It seems like a pretty bizarre strategy by anyone's standards.

Lancet Fluke said:
Is there a reason why he only prepares his teams to be strong in one half of the season? It seems like a pretty bizarre strategy by anyone's standards.

He gives them duff tactical advice and tells them to take it easy in the games before Christmas, and only start giving 100% once January is here.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

He gives them duff tactical advice and tells them to take it easy in the games before Christmas, and only start giving 100% once January is here.

So the blind panic response from our expensively assembled defence to any ball aimlessly lumped into our box was only a pre-christmas thing? Maybe he would have won the league last season after all.

I'm starting to get the impression that deep down the likes of hughes,allardyce,megson etc actually KNOW that they are wankers.They get a contract at a club for say, 4 years ,do the job crap,get sacked after 2 years,get paid the remaining 2 years of the contract,then get another mug to do the same again.They're getting paid 4 years money for 2 years "work" all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.