Hughes Official Statement [Merged]

Originally I thought Hughes was aware of his sacking during the game. But having the benefit of hindsight, and T.V. I re-evaluated and believe he didn’t know for sure,and he maybe thought this game had bought him a few extra days of oxygen. Either way what a way to bow out. If he knew he was being replaced, he still wanted City to get 3 points, and lets be honest these could be the 3 points we need for CL.At least if he knew, he didn’t sit in the dressing room saying Fook it, let the new guy earn the 3 points. Just for his dedication in attaining those 3 points he deserves a little respect IMO.Now I move on and am personally right behind AM Kiddo. That’s the nature of the game.

GaudinoMotors said:
Complete lack of class from the board.
Disgusting way to conduct the replacing of a manager.
To the majority of fans at the club this is a disgusting episode that has once again made us look a joke. Once again an utter laughing stock!
To replace him with Hiddink or even the big ego Jose - I could understand.
But Mancini - ?? Come on is anyone confident with that ?? - and is it worth the upheval, and lack of guarantee his appointment brings??
Even if you did feel it was time for Hughes to go - was this the way? and is Mancini the ideal replacement?
I just feel gutted at this - don't get me wrong - Hughes wasn't setting the premiership on fire and didn't give inspirational interviews, as an inner I was being disappointed a little too often - but he was a safe pair of hands who would have got us success - maybe not as quickly as some would have liked but we'd have got there. In 40 yrs of supporting City - we've tried it all except for stability - would have been interesting to see if it would have worked.

well said mate

...Although Hughes was aware of what was going on behind the scenes, it was only on Saturday morning that he was fully informed by his advisers that he could expect Mancini to take over that evening.

Claims on Sunday that Hughes did not know until after the match were incorrect, although some City sources indicated that while he had been summoned to a meeting with Cook after full-time, he did not know what it would entail.

However, it is unthinkable he did not know that his fate had been sealed before his team took to the field. Come what may, he was gone and is understood to have taken advice from the League Managers Association as to whether he should just quit and refuse to take charge of the match.

Extraordinarily, Hughes was even told that City planned to formally announce his sacking at 7.30pm precisely, no matter what the result of the Sunderland match was. ..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6853029/Manchester-Citys-deal-for-Roberto-Mancini-in-the-pipeline-for-close-to-a-year.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -year.html</a>?

Sick and tired of reading all this dross,most of it from people who are Employees rather than employers.This is how any large business works simples !.
The Directors had no ther way of handling this,its sad to see Hughes go but he was out of his depth,no tactical awareness,could not change a game.Look at all the draws we were bloody awfull.

Great news good luck Roberto Mancini !

"I was informed after yesterday's match against Sunderland that my contract with Manchester City was being terminated with immediate effect. Notwithstanding media coverage to the contrary, I was given no forewarning as to the club's decision. Given the speed with which my successor's appointment was announced, it would appear that the club had made its decision some considerable time ago.

"I am extremely disappointed not to have been given the opportunity to see through my plans at the club. At the beginning of the season I sat down with the owners and it was agreed that a realistic target for the season would be 6th place in the Barclays Premier League, or in the region of 70 points. All of this was communicated to the players and we all knew where we stood. Whilst everyone at the club would obviously have wanted to see more wins, we were absolutely on target at the time of my dismissal. Only recently we had terrific victories against both Arsenal and Chelsea.

"I am very proud of the fact that I steered the club through the most significant period of change in its history.

I have always been aware of the responsibility that comes with being afforded the luxury of a significant transfer budget, and I was grateful that the club supported me with significant investment in players. I very much regret, however, that I will not now be able to enjoy the success that would undoubtedly have followed in the light of that investment.

"I believe that I have handled with dignity the recent pressure placed upon me by press speculation.

"I would like to thank the fans for their support throughout my time at the club and particularly at this difficult time, and I wish the club every success in the future, particularly in relation to the forthcoming Carling Cup semi-final, the club's first semi-final for 28 years."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.