Hughes Out Brigade - Tatical Board

Blue Dove said:
I have already stated or a few of the OUT threads why I think Hughes will come good.
But remember it is an opinion.
I believe that we are still finding how to play together and this has been hampered by the several International breaks.
I believe the players are good enough but I don't expect EVERY player to be playing well all the time.
Bridge and Barry came good early on and Lescott struggled.
Lescott was our best defender against Hull and is steadily improving.
I read what the professionals say.
Like Owen Coyle on Sunday saying that it takes time to gel a team.
He is a pro manager, I am not. I am not going to tell him he knows Fk all.
I have an opinion like I said in the OP, but it is an opinion.
Some posters on here talk with so much "authority" it is hilarious!

Right I have answered your question.
Do you want to have a real go at mine?
You don't have to.

blueinsa said:
And it is my opinion that he simply is not good enough for were we want to be. He has recruited real quality, with the exception of RSC imo, but with the money spent, many others would have done the same, it was not difficult.

His tactics leave a hell of a lot to be desired, again on Saturday, Ireland should have been taken off and Kompany and De Jong should have been paired up to protect the back four, what does he do, he brings RSC on? Baffling! We have seen this all season and last and it simply is not good enough. The manager is paid a hell of a lot of money to put the right players on at the right time and if he cant do that, we will struggle.

A fellow pro manager saying that it takes time to gel, fancy that? Not very suprised, he is hardly going to say get rid is he?

We lack confidense as a team and individually at the moment and that is the responsibilty of the manager. I also think that the players have a lack of confidence in Hughes and that is showing, top quality players want a top quality manager, someone who they can believe in 110%. someone who knows what it takes to win football games. None of us like to suffer fools do we, why should they be any different?

To sum up, Hughes is not good enough, he was brought to the club by a previous owner who didnt have a pot to piss in, his brief was premiership stabilty, maybe a cup. The new pwners came and the expectation level jumped a 1000% overnight. He should have gone immediately in my opinion, but he didnt, he got his time, he got his money, he got his team but he still doesnt deliver, he still reels out the same tired old excuses and he still isnt good enough for us. He doesnt inspire confidence, he seems unable to motivate, it is obvious that his tactics leave us unable to run and dictate and dominate a game for the majority of the 90 mins.

All in my opinion of course...

Blue Dove said:
Some good points there but if he would have brought Kompany on to replace Ireland and we then conceded there would have been posters on here who would slag Hughes off for accepting a 1-0 and sitting back.
With our confidence dipping I believe we have to push on and not nervously try and retain a lead.
I don't blame anybody because I expected to need patience.
I am still a Hughes supporter.
I will wait until the end of the season or the owners will make a decision.
We love opinions!

blueinsa said:
On that i will agree, for all the talk on here of late, which i welcome btw, only the owners know whether he will stay or go.

edited for accuracy.

Given
Zabaletta Onuha Kompany Lescott

De Jong

Swp Superman Barry Bellamy

Adebayor

And I believe we CAN win if everybody does their job! But Toure is prone to ball watching and Lescott is NOT a centre back.

Im not a hughes out man. I dont belive in change for change sake its got us nowere in the past (king kev apart).But if a player comes along better than what we have ie Gerrard then its gerrard in ireland out thats the way it is. So if Mourinho becomes available then sorry thank you mark now f##k off. not sure on Hiddink though.

I dont pretend to be a tactical genius, and probably wouldn't know where to start if I was the manager (anyone can pick players positions or name a 1st eleven, but there's obviously more to it than that).

However, you don't have to have tactical nous to know that the way we're playing at the moment ain't f*cking working !!

badge said:
Blue Dove said:
Why is it patronising?
It is a football forum about Manchester City.
It is about opinions on tactics, team selection etc.
So you support the right to have an opinion on where it all went wrong after the game but before.
When a guy starts talking to you about a subject, do you listen even if he has no obvious knowledge of the subject?
I read Moomba and Didsbury Daves posts with interest even though they are generally more towards the "Out" brigade than me.
They have shown they have the knowledge, in my opinion (there goes that word again!), that makes me want to listen and consider their views.
We don't get to see people face to face.

it is patronising because you're suggesting that none of us are qualified to have an opinion on our manager, unless we have an fa coaching badge or something. i know from watching the game for thirty-five years that this squad of players, the best we have ever assembled, are seriously under achieving and that HAS to be down to the manager.

Top marks for that response.

Tactically, Hughes is as weak as a pot of tea made using one tea bag.

He cannot motivate, he cannot get the best from his players tactically, his substitutions are very poor and the likelihood of us finishing this season in the top 8 look very poor indeed.

The fact is a simple one. Our play has become lumpen. Hughes himself admits that things are pressuring the players saying "Today was the first time I saw a bit of apprehension and anxiety. Only brief glimpses but we don't want that to develop into a mindset. I don't feel it will." That's comforting to note Hughesy! You just don't have the skills and leadership qualities to take this club forward.

There is no way we are beating chelsea, no matter what the tactics. We will face the following team:

Cech
Ivanovic
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Essien
Ballack
Lampard
Joe Cole
Anelka
Drogba

Where is the weakness? Natural inclination is to say 'Ivanovic' but he is underrated by most imo.

Of our players only Robinho would get in that team, for Joe Cole. They are going to walk the league with record points.

Dobsy87 said:
There is no way we are beating chelsea, no matter what the tactics. We will face the following team:

Cech
Ivanovic
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Essien
Ballack
Lampard
Joe Cole
Anelka
Drogba

Where is the weakness? Natural inclination is to say 'Ivanovic' but he is underrated by most imo.

Of our players only Robinho would get in that team, for Joe Cole. They are going to walk the league with record points.

Sorry mate, but how can you say that Chelsea will win the league with a record points total?

It's the manager's first season in charge, he needs to get his players in,the players to gell, playing the way he wants.

That takes time. Maybe a couple of years at best.

But you're suggesting a top quality manager can do that straight away?

Well knock me down with a feather...

Soulboy said:
Dobsy87 said:

Cech
Ivanovic
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Essien
Ballack
Lampard
Joe Cole
Anelka
Drogba

Sorry mate, but how can you say that Chelsea will win the league with a record points total?

It's the manager's first season in charge, he needs to get his players in,the players to gell, playing the way he wants.

Beautifully put!

Dobsy87 said:

Cech
Ivanovic
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Essien
Ballack
Lampard
Joe Cole
Anelka
Drogba

Villa and Wigan?

Soulboy said:
Dobsy87 said:

Cech
Ivanovic
Terry
Carvalho
Ashley Cole
Essien
Ballack
Lampard
Joe Cole
Anelka
Drogba

Well put...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.