Hughes OUT

Sven? The man who gave us the biggest turn around in city history - from champion challengers in sept to the worst teamin the prem by may! No thanks.

A crook like hiddink? No way will our owners risk their reputation!

Mourinho would be a good bet but we wouldbe playing similar football to the Liverpool game without the mistakes.

Let's stop looking for a magic quick silver bullet! There isn't one.ìt will take Time we will have problems and have to be patient whoever. Is manager.

Shooter 83 said:
Im not arsed about the away games as much we have had some decent draws, but then giving away the lead against Fulham,Burnley and Hull at home is a fooking joke!

I think its 9 draws out of 12 if you include the LC games and we should of drew against Rags to make it 10!
If we would of got the draw at the swamp we would also be unbeaten this year..

EalingBlue2 said:
Sven? The man who gave us the biggest turn around in city history - from champion challengers in sept to the worst teamin the prem by may! No thanks.

A crook like hiddink? No way will our owners risk their reputation!

Mourinho would be a good bet but we wouldbe playing similar football to the Liverpool game without the mistakes.

Let's stop looking for a magic quick silver bullet! There isn't one.ìt will take Time we will have problems and have to be patient whoever. Is manager.
Do you have any doubts about Hughes. Honestly? Have you ever questioned a manager?

We have no choice to support City, but the home line-ups are bizarre. The pundits look like they were right. City have signed a team of strikers and are intent on playing them all, at the expense of the team.

There are no magic bullets, but the manager is the most important man at the lcub, and once its clear he's not up to it, he has to go

Dear Chairman
Hello there, haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet.

Just wanted to say what a fabulous job Mark Hughes is doing. Sixth you said and by golly Hughes has got the team playing at that level. Yes, yes, of course we could quibble about a result or two or three... well technically seven, but the point is the team is not losing and is only one of a handful of clubs in the entire five tiers of English Football that have only lost one game so far this season in the league.

I know you hear the rumblings of some of the fans concerning the in game tactics and substitutions but really what do they know? As Hughes insinuated last season when defending his playing of Vassell they really are just trouble causers. I mean in the grand scheme of things, who can't see the value of playing a virtual man down? Builds character that does.

This has nothing to do, nothing to do, with the potential unemployment of a Spaniard in Liverpool. It's a complete coincidence that my public support of the Manager happens to coincide with the slow realization from the Anfield faithful that Benitez won with Houllier's team, has frittered away 200 million and the inevitable job search that will ensue. Honest... complete coincidence.

Real Madrid hasn't figured that out either, so lets all giggle when they introduce their new manager next summer. In the meantime City will go from strength to strength with an invigorating sixth place in the Premier League. It's the club's highest position ever.

And you know, City might still win something this year. We seem to have the measure of Arsenal when we play them at home, so who knows maybe this year the Liquid Cup has our name on it. What do you say, top 4 next year?

"Hughes... could be worse." Admittedly not the greatest marketing slogan ever, but work with me here.

CTID

DTKOAG said:
Shooter 83 said:
Im not arsed about the away games as much we have had some decent draws, but then giving away the lead against Fulham,Burnley and Hull at home is a fooking joke!

I think its 9 draws out of 12 if you include the LC games and we should of drew against Rags to make it 10!
If we would of got the draw at the swamp we would also be unbeaten this year..

38 draws = relegated.

Doubts about hughes?

I have no doubts we should keep him as long as he keeps us on track for our owners 5 year plan.

If we don't come top 6 then I think he has to go.

As for doubts I don't doubt we should keep him now! Will he win is the league? I have doubts there but I would if capello was manager.

Can he do better? Yes
Will he do better I expect so!

The answers aren't so simple ie that our defence is shit as I would say in open play we have probably the 3rd best record in the prem. Will we improve defending set pieces? Yes I think time willget the communication better.

On the way home on GMR someone said that Hughes has turned world class players in ordinary players and after watching that today I have to agree. Im not sure he can handle the players.

I am now leaning to towards the Hughes out side

Not being a pedant but most seasons 38 points is well and truly safe!

Also 7 draws and 38 draws is just a touch different!

That's a great soundbite, but who exactly?

Adebayor has had a good season overall.
Tevez was never world class, and has played as well as he ever has.
Bellamy wasn't world class.
Given has done well.
Toure and Lescott weren't world class.
Bridge wasn't world class.
Barry was close, but not world class.
Robinho has been injured most of the season, and looked lively most games he's played.
Ireland, Richards, and SWP aren't world class.

Which players exactly?

I think this is one of those things that sounds good, but is actually media bollocks.

Let's face it lads, 70-odd games and still playing like this. With these players. Good players.

Time's up, isn't it.

There's no shame in it. Managers get the sack all the time and it's not like we haven't given him a good run. He's had two full transfer windows, a blank cheque book and umpteem games. Enough is enough now.

But let's not be stupid about it. Garry - it's time to earn your crust. Get on the phone to the owners and tell them you need £Xm to bring a new world class manager on board, get on a plane and go and get Mourinho or Hiddink lined up. And when the ink is drying, Hughes goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.