Hughes tactically Naive?

citoeast

Update post(mortem) Burnley

Can we speak the truth now, or do we still have to pretend all in the garden is rosy. Hughes is tactically naive, today once again reinforces the point. 3 goals conceded all soft goals. Two down then 3 2 up and yet we still throw it away. Anymore it is a good draw we are 4th, 5th, 6th dropping shit. Wake up smell the salts we are not evn top 6 playing like this.

How bad do we have to get before we can be honest and realistic about the manager?

Update post Birmingham

I repeat Mark Hughes cannot set up the team, motivate the team and clearly is tactically naive, we are going backwards not forward.

All those who hurled abuse at me when I first posted this OPEN YOUR EYES, R U BLIND.

Nice Guy Hughes, but I think he has serious flaws, despite the multitude of good things he has done, in critical areas as stated above. Unfortunately these areas make the difference between a good manager and a winning manager (A Top Notcher).

It is winning that ultimately matters, not the art of good excuses.
=======================================================================

Updated post Fulham defeat (ok draw but feels like a defeat) on Page 11.

Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly, but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?

we were painfully short of a full squad and had to player injured players to boot, dont know what game you watched but zab should have only had one card whilst they were a bunch of cloggers who with a proper ref would have eneded the game with about 3 men.

hughes is the best manager we've had since joe mercer.done nowt yet of course but we are on the right track.

Buy all the best players from other clubs

Make them bench warm for city every week

Break their spirit and destroy the game from within

Win the Perm by spending 150 billion quid on buying everyone that can hurt us

Simples......

What total wank!

Neither team really fired in the first half, and we lost a player to a bullshit card and played 35 mins down a man.

You sound like a 15 year old rag fan.

de niro said:
we were painfully short of a full squad and had to player injured players to boot, dont know what game you watched but zab should have only had one card whilst they were a bunch of cloggers who with a proper ref would have eneded the game with about 3 men.

hughes is the best manager we've had since joe mercer.done nowt yet of course but we are on the right track.

Agree ten times over. Hughes is the most thorough manager we have ever had. He might lack the flair of Joe Mercer, but Joe had a team which had strength across the whole pitch. And how long did Joe have before 68. 'Bout three seasons, wasn't it. Hughes isn't halfway through that tenure, and this City team is performing much better than the team I saw in the mid-sixties, prior to walking away with the Championship, as it was then.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
de niro said:

Agree ten times over. Hughes is the most thorough manager we have ever had. He might lack the flair of Joe Mercer, but Joe had a team which had strength across the whole pitch. And how long did Joe have before 68. 'Bout three seasons, wasn't it. Hughes isn't halfway through that tenure, and this City team is performing much better than the team I saw in the mid-sixties, prior to walking away with the Championship, as it was then.

Pleas dont compare that rag **** to Joe

It's offensive

citoeast said:
Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?
Thankfully not you.

What do you want Hughes to say? "We were shit, I'm a shit manager, and a draw with 10 men against a team that recently humped Chelsea and in a stadium we've never previously won at is simply not acceptable. I hereby tender my resignation for delivering such a pathetic result and will consider suicide if it helps appease the bunch of spoilt moaning twats currently throwing their toys all over the place on Bluemoon."

Thank fuck we did not get beat
some people on here make me wonder we got a point away from home
Just to let you know we have not got the god given right to win every game only the rags have that now for fuck sake enjoy the best City side we have had in years
(this is not just to the op of this its to all you blues with the glass that is not half full)

de niro said:

I agree he is the best manager we have had in a long time, but is he good enough to win matches that need tactical changes through informed consideration and insight of other teams tactical changes. Can he turn losing games into winning games, never seen it yet. Remember good is not great, we need a great manager.

rhysmcfc said:
What total wank!

Neither team really fired in the first half, and we lost a player to a bullshit card and played 35 mins down a man.

You sound like a 15 year old rag fan.

God, how I wish I was 15. I did not just criticise, I praised Hughes I just queried this one crucial aspect of his armoury. I hope I am wrong because I cannot wait for City success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.